on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Bussiere family come from? What is the French Bussiere family crest and coat of arms? When did the Bussiere family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Bussiere family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Buxy, Buxie, Buxies, le Buxy, de Buxy, Buxey, Boux, Bouxy, Bouxie, Bouxies and many more.
First found in Poitou, where the family held a family seat from ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bussiere research. Another 295 words(21 lines of text) covering the years 1336, 1567, 1626, 1648, 1659, 1667, 1668, and 1788 are included under the topic Early Bussiere History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Bussiere Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bussiere Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Armand Bussiere, aged 40, who landed in America, in 1895
Bussiere Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Armand Bussiere, aged 44, who emigrated to the United States from Paris, in 1900
- Celisse Bussiere, aged 34, who settled in America from Billy Montiguy, France, in 1916
- Leonia Bussiere, aged 0, who emigrated to America from Billy Montiguy, France, in 1916
- Lucienne Bussiere, aged 10, who landed in America from Billy Montiguy, France, in 1916
- Maurice Bussiere, aged 4, who emigrated to the United States from Billy Montiguy, France, in 1916
- Gaston Bussière (1862-1928), French Symbolist painter and illustrator
- Michael Bussiere (b. 1959), Canadian composer, teacher, producer from Ottawa, Ontario
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Bussiere Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Bussiere Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 June 2013 at 14:08.
on orders of $85 or more