Buquet History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Buquet family
The surname Buquet was first found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where the family first originated and maintained their status as one of the more distinguished families of the region.
Early History of the Buquet family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Buquet research. Another 94 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1702, 1762, 1808, 1809, 1810, 1811, 1871, and 1880 are included under the topic Early Buquet History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Buquet Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dubuc, DuBuc, Dubuque, Dubucquoy, Dubucq, Buc, Bucquet, Buquet and many more.
Early Notables of the Buquet family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family in this period was Louis, adviser to the King; Julien Dubuque (1762-1810), first settler of European descent in Iowa; Julien Edouard Alfred Dubuc, resident of Chicoutimi, Quebec, he was born in 1871 and was the former president and managing director of the North American Pulp & Paper Companies. He also received the title of Knight of the...
Another 61 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Buquet Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Buquet migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Buquet Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francois Buquet, aged 29, who landed in America, in 1896
Buquet Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Jean-Jacques B. Buquet, aged 43, who immigrated to the United States, in 1917
- Pauline-Louise Buquet, aged 25, who landed in America from Paris, France, in 1917
- Max Buquet, aged 22, who settled in America, in 1919
- Joseph Buquet, aged 26, who landed in America from Tregonde, France, in 1920
- Alphonsine Buquet, aged 40, who immigrated to the United States from Lillebonne, France, in 1921
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Buquet (post 1700) +
- Louis Léopold Buquet, French Brigadier General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- Charles Joseph Buquet, French Brigadier General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- Gérard Buquet (b. 1954), French tubist, conductor and composer
- Jean Baptiste Lucien Buquet (1807-1889), French entomologist
- Marcelo Buquet (b. 1963), Uruguayan actor and former model
Related Stories +