Bunett History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Bunett family
The surname Bunett was first found in Berwickshire where they were recorded as a family of great antiquity seated at Faringdon where they held a manor and estates in that shire. The earliest record was of Robert Burnett in 1128. Later, an Alexander Burnard or Burnett went north with King Robert I and acquired lands in the forest of Drum. He was also granted the barony of Tulliboyll in Kincardine. Roger Burnard, his successor, had four sons, Goufrid, Ralph, Walter, and Richard. Crathes Castle is the family seat; it dates from 1553, and contains some extraordinary 16th century painted ceilings.
Important Dates for the Bunett family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bunett research. Another 153 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1208, 1643, 1715, 1615, 1684, 1663, 1664, 1664, 1669, 1674, 1669, 1679, 1684, 1688, 1729, 1720, 1728, 1728 and are included under the topic Early Bunett History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bunett Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Burnett, Burnet, Burnatt, Burnat and others.
Early Notables of the Bunett family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family name during their early history was Alexander Burnard of the barony of Tulliboyll. Alexander Burnet (1615-1684), a Scottish clergyman, Bishop of Aberdeen (1663-1664), Archbishop of Glasgow...
Another 30 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bunett Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bunett family to Ireland
Some of the Bunett family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 64 words (5 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bunett migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Bunett Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Bunett Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Cristana Bunett, aged 2, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1733 
- Jacob Bunett, aged 32, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733 
- Johan Simon Bunett, aged 3, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1733 
- Margrett Bunett, aged 8, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1733 
- Mary Bunett, aged 32, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1733 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)