Early Origins of the Bulgarelli family
The surname Bulgarelli was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna
Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the Bulgarelli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bulgarelli research.Another 249 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1494, 1816, 1825, 1684 and 1734 are included under the topic Early Bulgarelli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bulgarelli Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Bulgari, Bulgheri, Bulgarelli, Bulgarini, Bulgherini, Bulgaroni, Bulgheroni, Bulgaro, Bulgarus, Bolgare, Borgaro, Borgarello and many more.
Early Notables of the Bulgarelli family (pre 1700)
Another 23 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bulgarelli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bulgarelli family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bulgarelli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Umberlo Bulgarelli, aged 24, who arrived in America, in 1902
- Settimo Bulgarelli, aged 35, who arrived in America from Vizzio Succa, in 1904
- Ernesto Bulgarelli, aged 30, who arrived in America from Modena, Italy, in 1905
- Francesco Bulgarelli, aged 37, who arrived in America from Cancordia, Italy, in 1905
- Domenico Bulgarelli, aged 17, who arrived in America from Frassinoro, Modena, in 1907
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Bulgarelli (post 1700)
- Adelmo Bulgarelli (b. 1932), Italian bronze medalist wrestler at the 1956 Summer Olympics
- Emilio Bulgarelli (1917-1993), Italian gold medalist water polo player at the 1948 Summer Olympics
- Giacomo Bulgarelli (1940-2009), Italian international footballer
- Jason Bulgarelli (b. 1976), Australian former professional rugby league player