on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Buick family come from? What is the English Buick family crest and coat of arms? When did the Buick family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Buick family history?
The name Buick, appeared in many references, and from time to time, the surname was spelt Berwick, Bewick, Berwicke, Bewicke and others.
First found in Berwickshire in Scotland and Northumberland in England, where they held a family seat from ancient times, long before the Norman Conquest in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Buick research. Another 153 words(11 lines of text) covering the years 1476, 1615, 1628, 1629, and 1728 are included under the topic Early Buick History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Buick Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Buick Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Frances Buick, aged 20, arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Lloyds" in 1838
Buick Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- David Buick landed in Wellington, New Zealand in 1841 aboard the ship Arab
- Susan Buick, aged 20, a servant, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Queen of Nations" in 1874
- David Dunbar Buick (1854-1929), Scottish-born American Detroit-based inventor, best known for founding the Buick Motor Company, now the oldest active American make
- Thomas Lindsay Buick (1866-1938), Liberal Member of Parliament for Wairau, New Zealand, a journalist and historian
- Adam Lewis Buick (b. 1944), Welsh-born, prominent London-based socialist
- Albert Thoroughgood Buick (1875-1948), Scottish footballer
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Fairbairn. Fairbain's book of Crests of the Families of Great Britain and Ireland, 4th Edition 2 volumes in one. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1968. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
The Buick Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Buick Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 May 2015 at 18:22.
on orders of $85 or more