on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Buick family come from? What is the English Buick family crest and coat of arms? When did the Buick family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Buick family history?
The name Buick, appeared in many references, and from time to time, the surname was spelt Berwick, Bewick, Berwicke, Bewicke and others.
First found in Berwickshire in Scotland and Northumberland in England, where they held a family seat from ancient times, long before the Norman Conquest in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Buick research. Another 153 words(11 lines of text) covering the years 1476, 1615, 1628, 1629, and 1728 are included under the topic Early Buick History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Buick Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Buick Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Frances Buick, aged 20, arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Lloyds" in 1838
Buick Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- David Buick landed in Wellington, New Zealand in 1841 aboard the ship Arab
- Susan Buick, aged 20, a servant, arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Queen of Nations" in 1874
- David Dunbar Buick (1854-1929), Scottish-born American Detroit-based inventor, best known for founding the Buick Motor Company, now the oldest active American make
- Thomas Lindsay Buick (1866-1938), Liberal Member of Parliament for Wairau, New Zealand, a journalist and historian
- Adam Lewis Buick (b. 1944), Welsh-born, prominent London-based socialist
- Albert Thoroughgood Buick (1875-1948), Scottish footballer
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Markale, J. Celtic Civilization. London: Gordon & Cremonesi, 1976. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- Chadwick, Nora Kershaw and J.X.W.P Corcoran. The Celts. London: Penguin, 1790. Print. (ISBN 0140212116).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Bradford, William. History of Plymouth Plantation 1620-1647 Edited by Samuel Eliot Morrison 2 Volumes. New York: Russell and Russell, 1968. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Buick Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Buick Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 December 2013 at 06:36.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more