Bruley History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Bruley family
The surname Bruley was first found in Champagne where one of the first records of the name was Gace Brulé (c. 1160- after 1213), a French trouvère (poet composer.) It is believed that he owned land in Groslière and had dealings with the Knights Templar, but little else is known except hints opf his life through his poems.
Early History of the Bruley family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bruley research. Another 93 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1525, 1560, 1585, 1591, 1608, 1610, 1611, 1616, 1758, 1759, 1777, 1856, 1858, 1866, and 1883 are included under the topic Early Bruley History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bruley Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Brule, Brulé, Brûle, Brûlé, Bruley, Bruslé, Brulat, Brulard, Brulas, Brulot, Brulon, Brullon, Brulin and many more.
Early Notables of the Bruley family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family during this period was Pierre Brully, born in Mercy-le-Haut in 1525, who was a pastor and entered the Dominican order of monks of Metz. Samson Bruley was a painter in Gray in 1560. Etienne Brulé, (c. 1591-1633), born in Champigne-sur-Maine, was a woodsman. He accompanied Champlain to Canada in 1608, established contact with the Hurons, learned their language, their lifestyle, and in 1611 went to Montreal. He returned in 1616 and explored the region of the Great Lakes. Unfortunately...
Another 83 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bruley Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Bruley is the 5,198th most popular surname with an estimated 1,000 - 1,500 people with that name. 
Bruley migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bruley Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Franceri Bruley, aged 19, who settled in America from Demigny, in 1905
- Charles Bruley, aged 36, who settled in America, in 1917
- Clarence J. Bruley, aged 20, who landed in America, in 1922
- Clarence J. Bruley, aged 20, who settled in Boston, in 1922
- Anna Bruley, aged 63, who landed in America from Fall River, Massachusetts, in 1924
Contemporary Notables of the name Bruley (post 1700) +
- Duane Frederick Bruley, American researcher and academic, former Dean of the School of Engineering at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Edward Bruley, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Michigan, 1972, 2004; Chair of Macomb County Democratic Party, 2003-07 
Related Stories +