Broyles History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Broyles family
The surname Broyles was first found in mid-Leinster and Kilkenny (Irish: Cill Chainnigh), the former Kingdom of Osraige (Ossory), located in Southeastern Ireland in the province of Leinster, where bearers of the surname were anciently known by the Gaelic "O Brithe," or 'descendant of Broth'.
Early History of the Broyles family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Broyles research. Another 77 words (6 lines of text) covering the year 1659 is included under the topic Early Broyles History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Broyles Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: O'Brophy, Broy, Brophie and others.
Early Notables of the Broyles family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Broyles Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Broyles is the 3,055th most popular surname with an estimated 9,948 people with that name. 
| Broyles migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Broyles Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Carl W. Broyles, aged 25, who immigrated to the United States, in 1914
- C. Broyles, aged 18, who landed in America, in 1920
- Harold H. Broyles, aged 53, who immigrated to the United States, in 1922
- H. Broyles, aged 27, who settled in America, in 1924
|Contemporary Notables of the name Broyles (post 1700) ||+|
- John Franklin Broyles (1924-2017), American football player and coach, athletics administrator, and broadcaster
- Charles Leroy "Chuck" Broyles (b. 1947), former American football player and coach
- Ryan Broyles (b. 1988), American football wide receiver
- William Dodson Broyles Jr (b. 1944), American screenwriter
- Jason Broyles, American former professional wrestler
- Dwayne Broyles (b. 1982), American professional basketball player
|Suggested Readings for the name Broyles ||+|
- The Broyles Family Ties by John Kenneth Broyles.
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm