Broxton History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Broxton family
The surname Broxton was first found in the village of Broxton Cheshire
where still today the village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire
West and Chester can be found. Broxton Old Hall (or Broxton Higher Hall) is in Old Coach Road about 1km west of the village of Brown Knowl in the parish of Broxton. The site has been occupied since before 1327 and the house dates from 1595. Conjecturally, the surname is descended from the tenants of the lands of Broxton, Roger and Picot who were undertenants of Robert FitzHugh, a Norman Baron
who was recorded in Cheshire
in the Domesday Book
census of 1086.
Early History of the Broxton family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Broxton research.Another 157 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1230, 1350, 1172 and 1657 are included under the topic Early Broxton History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Broxton Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Broxton family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Broxton Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Broxton family to Ireland
Some of the Broxton family moved to Ireland
, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.Another 115 words (8 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Broxton family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Broxton Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Thomas Broxton, who arrived in America in 1742
- Thomas Broxton, who settled in America in 1743
Broxton Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Edward Broxton, who arrived in Indiana in 1853-1866
- Rose Broxton, aged 28, who landed in America from Shreusbury, in 1899
Broxton Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Benjamin Broxton, aged 45, who emigrated to America from Birmingham, England, in 1907
- James William Broxton, aged 25, who emigrated to the United States from Burnley, England, in 1913
- Edward Broxton, aged 55, who landed in America from Kissallagh, Ireland, in 1916
Contemporary Notables of the name Broxton (post 1700)
Broxton Family Crest Products