West and Chester can be found. Broxton Old Hall (or Broxton Higher Hall) is in Old Coach Road about 1km west of the village of Brown Knowl in the parish of Broxton. The site has been occupied since before 1327 and the house dates from 1595. Conjecturally, the surname is descended from the tenants of the lands of Broxton, Roger and Picot who were undertenants of Robert FitzHugh, a Norman
census of 1086.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Brockson research.Another 79 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1230, 1350, 1172 and 1657 are included under the topic Early Brockson History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Thos Broxton, who arrived in America in 1742; Thomas Broxton, who settled in America in 1743; and Edward Broxton, who arrived in Indiana in 1853-1866..