Brayfield History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Brayfield family
The surname Brayfield was first found in Berkshire, where they held a family seat
as Lords of the Manor. The Saxon influence of English history diminished after the Battle of Hastings in 1066. The language of the courts was French for the next three centuries and the Norman ambience prevailed. But Saxon surnames survived and the family name was first referenced in the year 1185 when Leofric de Brayfield held estates in that shire. They held a family seat at Cold Brayfield.
Early History of the Brayfield family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Brayfield research.Another 256 words (18 lines of text) covering the years 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Brayfield History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Brayfield Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Brayfield, Brafield, Braysfield, Brasfield and others.
Early Notables of the Brayfield family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Brayfield Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Brayfield family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Brayfield Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Susanna Brayfield, who settled in Maryland in 1665
Brayfield Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Brayfield, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1772
Brayfield Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- George W. Brayfield, aged 26, who landed in America, in 1911
- Henry Brayfield, aged 33, who settled in America from London, England, in 1915
- Thomas H. G. Brayfield, aged 40, who landed in America from London, England, in 1919
- Dorothy Brayfield, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Wallasey, England, in 1924
Contemporary Notables of the name Brayfield (post 1700)
- E. E. Brayfield, American politician, Mayor of Du Quoin, Illinois, 1923-24 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 17) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Celia Brayfield (b. 1945), English author, journalist and cultural commentator
Brayfield Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 17) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html