Brandenstein History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Brandenstein family
The surname Brandenstein was first found in Saxony, where the name Brandenstein emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century on, the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Brandenstein family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Brandenstein research. Another 93 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1486, 1630, and 1774 are included under the topic Early Brandenstein History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Brandenstein Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Brandenstein, Branddenstein, Branndenstein, Brandenstien, Branddenstien and many more.
Early Notables of the Brandenstein family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Brandenstein Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Brandenstein migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Brandenstein Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Isac Brandenstein and a J. Brandenstein both of whom arrived in New York City in 1850
- Isac Brandenstein, aged 52, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- J Brandenstein, who landed in New York, NY in 1850 
- Georg Brandenstein, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1860
|Contemporary Notables of the name Brandenstein (post 1700) ||+|
- Patrizia von Brandenstein (b. 1943), American production designer, first woman to win an Academy Award for production design
- Daniel Charles Brandenstein (b. 1943), former NASA astronaut, who has flown on four space shuttle missions and logged over 32 days in space 
- Lewis F. Brandenstein, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1928 
- Manuela Brandenstein (1957-2004), German screenwriter and actress
- Baron Otto von Brandenstein, commander of the Detachment Brandenstein (c. 1918)
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- NASA Astronauts Homepage. (Retrieved 2010, September 27) Daniel Brandenstein. Retrieved from http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/brandenstein-dc.html
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 26) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html