Bouthillier History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bouthillier family
The surname Bouthillier was first found in Normandy (French: Normandie), the former Duchy of Normandy, where the family held a family seat.
By the 15th century the family name had also branched to Lorraine in France. They later became Barons of the Empire and were also the Marquis of Chavigny. They branched to Bannes in Bourgogne and to Maigremont in Normandy of which there was a branch in Jersey on the Channel Islands. Other locations included Chesneye, Keromnes, Maupertois, Rance and Gautrois in Brittany, and île-de-France.
Guillaume Boutillier, son of Jean and Marie, travelled from France to Canada in the 17th century. After arriving in the province of Quebec he married Angélique Guignard, daughter of Julien and Marie-Louise, at Notre-Dame on 17th March 1777. 
Early History of the Bouthillier family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bouthillier research. Another 99 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1100, 1581, 1652, 1613, 1626, 1700, 1655 and 1717 are included under the topic Early Bouthillier History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bouthillier Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bouthillier, Bouthilliet, Bouthilliais, Bouthilliay, Bouthilliaie, Bouthillié, Bouthilliée, Bouteillier, Bouthellier, Boutilli, Le Butlier, Le Boutillier, Le Bouteillier, Boutillier and many more.
Early Notables of the Bouthillier family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family in this period was Robert Pincerna, who accompanied Duke William of Normandy during his invasion of England; Claude Bouthillier, Sieur de Fouilletourte (1581-1652), a French statesman, a councillor in the Parliament of Paris, in 1613, and a secretary to the queen-mother...
Another 44 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bouthillier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bouthillier family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: André Boutillet, son of André and Barbe Beauchamp who married Madeleine Perrault, daughter of Claude and Marie Goulet in 1743; H.G. Bouthellier, aged 23.
Contemporary Notables of the name Bouthillier (post 1700) +
- Paul E. Bouthillier, American politician, Delegate to New Hampshire State Constitutional Convention from Nashua 9th Ward, 1956 
- Honore E. Bouthillier, American Democrat politician, Member of New Hampshire State Senate 13th District, 1935 
- Guy Bouthillier (b. 1939), Québécois nationalist leader, president of the Saint-Jean-Baptiste Society of Montreal
- Wilfred Le Bouthillier (b. 1978), Acadian singer
Related Stories +
- ^ Olivier, Reginald L. Your Ancient Canadian Family Ties. Logan: The Everton Publishers, Inc., P.O. Box 368, 1972. Print
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 29) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html