Early Origins of the Botti family
The surname Botti was first found in Cremona a city in Lombardy
, capital of the province of Cremona. Founded by the Romans
in 218 it has a checkered history. Virgil studied here. The finest building is the cathedral in the Lombard Romanesque style. It was started in 1107. There are many frescos from the 16th century. It was Austrian
in 1814, but became a part of Italy in 1859. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Botti family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Botti research.Another 100 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1090, 1103, 1477, 1535, 1605, 1658, 1740, 1698, 1778, 1445, 1510 and 1485 are included under the topic Early Botti History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Botti Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Botti family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Biagio Betti (1535-1605), an Italian painter of the Renaissance
period; Rinaldo Botti (1658-1740), an Italian painter in the Baroque period, a pupil of Jacopo Chiavistelli; and Gaudenzio Botti (1698-1778), an Italian painter of... Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Botti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Botti family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Annunziata Bota, aged 21, who arrived at Ellis Island
from Ascoli Satiano, Italy, in 1913; Adelina Botto, aged 21, who arrived at Ellis Island
from Borzonssca, Italy, in 1921.
Contemporary Notables of the name Botti (post 1700)
- Christopher Stephen "Chris" Botti (b. 1962), American Grammy Award winning trumpeter and composer
- Anthony Botti, American politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Hudson County, 1924-27 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Guglielmo Botti (1829-1906), Italian painter from Pisa
- Giulia Botti (b. 1980), Italian ski mountaineer and triathlete
- Raphael José Botti (b. 1981), Brazilian professional footballer
Botti Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html