Bosson History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bosson family
The surname Bosson was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in North Holland, a province of the Netherlands. The principal cities are Amsterdam, Haarlem and Hilversum. It was the seat of the old Counts of Holland. Seat of one of the oldest families is Brederode Castle near Haarlem. There are many old and quaint towns in the province. including Medemblik, Enkhuizen, Hoorn, Edam, and Monnikendam. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Bosson family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bosson research. Another 83 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bosson History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bosson Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bosson, Bossone, Bossones, Bossons, Bosone, Bosons, Bossoon, Bossoone, Bossonz, van Bosson and many more.
Early Notables of the Bosson family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bosson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Bosson is the 3,584th most popular surname with an estimated 1,500 - 2,000 people with that name. 
Migration of the Bosson family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: those recorded from the mid 17th century onward in the great migration from Europe to the New World.
Contemporary Notables of the name Bosson (post 1700) +
- Albert Davis Bosson (1853-1926), American jurist, attorney, and politician, 17th Mayor of Chelsea, Massachusetts in 1891
- Roy Edward "Ed" Bosson, American inventor of the Video Relay Service
- Jennifer Bosson, American Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology at the University of Oklahoma
- Barbara Bosson (b. 1939), American six-time Primetime Emmy Award nominated actress, best known for her work on Hill Street Blues (1981), Hooperman (1987) and The Last Starfighter (1984)
- William Bosson, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Tennessee, 1868 
- Bernard Bosson (1948-2017), French politician and lawyer, Minister of Transport, Minister of Tourism, and Minister of Public Works (1993-1995)
- Bernard Bosson (b. 1948), French politician and lawyer, Minister of Transport, Minister of Tourism, and Minister of Public Works
- Terence Bosson, English silver medalist wrestler at the 2010 Commonwealth Games
- Richard C. Bosson, Mexican justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court
- Sergente André Louis Bosson (1894-1918), French World War I flying ace credited with seven aerial victories, awarded the Médaille militaire and the Croix de Guerre
Related Stories +