Bogner History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Bogner is a metonymic surname; it is derived from the principal object associated with the occupation of the original bearer. The name is derived from the German word bogaere, which means bow.
Early Origins of the Bogner family
The surname Bogner was first found in Silesia, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society. Chronicles first mention Hensel der bogener of Liegnitz, Silesia, around 1368, and N. Bogener of Breslau in 1399.
Early History of the Bogner family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bogner research. Another 107 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1805 and 1785 are included under the topic Early Bogner History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bogner Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bogner, Boegner, Boeger, Boggner, Bogener, Bogenner, Boggener, Boggenner, Bognar and many more.
Early Notables of the Bogner family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bogner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Bogner is the 12,267th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Bogner migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bogner Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Tobias Bogner, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1733
Bogner Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Theres Bogner, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1846 
- Margaretha Bogner, who landed in America in 1853 
- Charles Bogner, aged 51, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1866 
Contemporary Notables of the name Bogner (post 1700) +
- Otto Bogner (1883-1975), American Democratic Party politician, Chair of Knox County Democratic Party, 1940; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Nebraska, 1944 (alternate), 1948 (alternate), 1952, 1956 
- Bill Bogner, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Ohio, 2008 
- Willy Bogner Jr. (b. 1942), German former alpine ski racer, son of Willy Bogner Sr
- Wilhelm "Willy Bogner" Bogner Sr. (1909-1977), German business executive, athlete, film director, and producer, who was a member of the German National Olympic Committee, was special cameraman for James Bond films (1960-), and was several times the German ski champion
- Tobias Bogner (b. 1990), German World Cup ski jumper
- Norman Bogner (b. 1935), New York Times Bestselling author whose books have sold over 25 million copies worldwide
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 21) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html