Bihan History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Bihan family
The surname Bihan was first found in Brittany
, originally Armorica in ancient times, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Dol and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Bihan family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bihan research.Another 107 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bihan History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bihan Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Bihan, le Bihan, Le Bihan, Bihannie, Le Bihannie and others.
Early Notables of the Bihan family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bihan Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bihan family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: many of the name who migrated to the New World from the mid 17th century onward.
Contemporary Notables of the name Bihan (post 1700)
- Mickaël Le Bihan (b. 1990), French midfielder
- Luc Bihan (b. 1957), French sculptor, artist, graphic artist and animation director
- Denis Le Bihan, French physician, known for his groundbreaking neuroimaging methods, became the director of the "Federative Research Institute of Functional Neuroimaging" in Paris in in 2000
- Samuel Le Bihan (b. 1965), French film actor
- Chris le Bihan (b. 1977), Canadian Olympic bobsledder
Bihan Family Crest Products