Bessy History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bessy family
The surname Bessy was first found in Forez, a former province of France, now part of the modern Loire département, the Haute-Loire and Puy-de-Dôme départements, where the family held a family seat from very early times.
Early History of the Bessy family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bessy research. Another 289 words (21 lines of text) covering the years 1447, 1470, 1520, 1549, 1609, 1690, 1657, 1746, 1759, 1600, 1612, 1673, 1639, 1645, 1715 and 1675 are included under the topic Early Bessy History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bessy Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Besset, Bessez, Besser, Bessey, Bessé, Bessée, Bezet, Bezez, Bezer, Bezé, Bezée, Bessait, Bessais, Bessaie, Bessaies, Bezait, Bezais, Bezaie, Bezaies, Du Besset, Du Bessez, Du Besser, Du Bessé, Du Bezet, Du Bezez, Du Bezer, Du Bezé, Du Bessait, Du Bessais, Du Bessaie, Du Bessaies, Du Bezait, Du Bezais, Du Bezaie, Du Bezaies, De Besseto, Bessette and many more.
Early Notables of the Bessy family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family name at this time was Claude Du Besset, Lord of Besset during the 1600's; François Byssot de la Rivière (1612-1673), French settler to New France before 1639, he constructed...
Another 32 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bessy Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Bessy migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bessy Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Anthony Bessy, aged 26, who arrived in New England in 1635 aboard the ship "James" 
Bessy Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Catharine Bessy, aged 12, who arrived at Ellis Island, New York in 1837 aboard the ship "Sheridan" 
- Ann Bessy, aged 17, who arrived at Ellis Island, New York in 1837 aboard the ship "Sheridan" 
- Maguire Bessy, aged 20, who arrived at Ellis Island, New York in 1848 aboard the ship "Sir Charles Napier" 
- Ryley Bessy, aged 20, who arrived at Ellis Island, New York in 1849 aboard the ship "Centurion" 
- Michael Bessy, aged 34, who arrived at Ellis Island, New York in 1853 aboard the ship "Victoria" 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- Ellis Island Search retrieved 9th February 2023. Retrieved from https://heritage.statueofliberty.org/passenger-result