Besser History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Besser family
The surname Besser was first found in Forez, a former province of France, now part of the modern Loire département, the Haute-Loire and Puy-de-Dôme départements, where the family held a family seat from very early times.
Important Dates for the Besser family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Besser research. Another 289 words (21 lines of text) covering the years 1447, 1470, 1520, 1549, 1609, 1690, 1657, 1746, 1759, 1600, 1612, 1673, 1639, 1645, 1715 and 1675 are included under the topic Early Besser History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Besser Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Besset, Bessez, Besser, Bessey, Bessé, Bessée, Bezet, Bezez, Bezer, Bezé, Bezée, Bessait, Bessais, Bessaie, Bessaies, Bezait, Bezais, Bezaie, Bezaies, Du Besset, Du Bessez, Du Besser, Du Bessé, Du Bezet, Du Bezez, Du Bezer, Du Bezé, Du Bessait, Du Bessais, Du Bessaie, Du Bessaies, Du Bezait, Du Bezais, Du Bezaie, Du Bezaies, De Besseto, Bessette and many more.
Early Notables of the Besser family (pre 1700)
Quelques membres notables appartenaient à cette famille. Parmi eux, on trouve Claude Du Besset, Lord of Besset during the 1600's; François Byssot de la Rivière (1612-1673), French settler to New France before 1639, he...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Besser Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Besser migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Besser Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Besser Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johan Peter Besser, who arrived in New York in 1709 
- Niklaas Besser, who landed in New York in 1709 
- Christopher Besser, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1732
- Christopher Besser, who settled in Philadelphia in 1732
- Benddeck Besser, who settled in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1739
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Besser Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Edward Besser, who settled in Philadelphia in 1856
- Gus A Besser, who landed in Mississippi in 1898 
Contemporary Notables of the name Besser (post 1700)
- Matthew Gregory "Matt" Besser (b. 1967), American actor and comedian
- Stuart Besser, American film producer
- Joe Besser (1907-1988), American comedic actor, briefly part of the "Three Stooges"
- Howard Russel Besser (b. 1941), American lawyer
- Astrid Besser (b. 1989), Italian tennis player
- Chaskel Besser (1923-2010), Orthodox rabbi
- Richard E. Besser MD (b. 1959), ABC News Medical editor
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)