Besancon History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Besancon family
The surname Besancon was first found in Forez, a former province of France, now part of the modern Loire département, the Haute-Loire and Puy-de-Dôme départements, where the family held a family seat from very early times.
Early History of the Besancon family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Besancon research. Another 289 words (21 lines of text) covering the years 1447, 1470, 1520, 1549, 1609, 1690, 1657, 1746, 1759, 1600, 1612, 1673, 1639, 1645, 1715 and 1675 are included under the topic Early Besancon History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Besancon Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Besset, Bessez, Besser, Bessey, Bessé, Bessée, Bezet, Bezez, Bezer, Bezé, Bezée, Bessait, Bessais, Bessaie, Bessaies, Bezait, Bezais, Bezaie, Bezaies, Du Besset, Du Bessez, Du Besser, Du Bessé, Du Bezet, Du Bezez, Du Bezer, Du Bezé, Du Bessait, Du Bessais, Du Bessaie, Du Bessaies, Du Bezait, Du Bezais, Du Bezaie, Du Bezaies, De Besseto, Bessette and many more.
Early Notables of the Besancon family (pre 1700)
Quelques membres notables appartenaient à cette famille. Parmi eux, on trouve Claude Du Besset, Lord of Besset during the 1600's; François Byssot de la Rivière (1612-1673), French settler to New France before 1639, he...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Besancon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Besancon migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Besancon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Frank Besancon, who landed in Arkansas in 1879 
- Alfred Besancon, who arrived in Mississippi in 1890 
- Anna Besancon, aged 27, who immigrated to America, in 1895
- Alexandre Besancon, aged 18, who landed in America, in 1896
Besancon Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Octave Besancon, aged 47, who landed in America from Paris, France, in 1905
- Emile Besancon, aged 34, who landed in America from Bavilliers, in 1906
- Xavier Besancon, aged 25, who immigrated to the United States from Chalonvillars, France, in 1908
- Eugenie Besancon, aged 32, who immigrated to the United States from Paris, France, in 1909
- Georges Besancon, aged 21, who landed in America from Paris, France, in 1919
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)