Bertold History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bertold family
The surname Bertold was first found in Forez, a former province of France, now part of the modern Loire département, the Haute-Loire and Puy-de-Dôme départements, where the family held a family seat since ancient times.
Bertha, Bercta or Adilberga (d. before 616) was the daughter of Haribert, King of the Franks, reigning in Paris and his wife Ingoberg. "The dates of her birth and her marriage are not known. married Æthelberht, king of Kent. Bertha's parents are said to have consented to her marriage on the condition that she and the bishop who should come over with her should be allowed the free exercise of the rites of Christianity. " 
Important Dates for the Bertold family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bertold research. Another 68 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1750, 1691, 1771, 1698, 1727, 1660, 1732 and 1685 are included under the topic Early Bertold History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bertold Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Berthelot, Berthelo, Bertheloe, Berthelos, Berthelod, Bertelot, Bertelo, Berteloe, Bertelos, Bertelod, Berthelaut, Berthelau, Berthelaud, Bertelaud, Bertelau, Bertelaut, Berlot, Berlo, Bertlot, Bertlo, Berlod, Bertlod, Berthold, Bertholt, Bertold, Bertolt, Berthod, Berthaud, Berthot, Berthau, Berthaut, Berthault, Berthauld, Berthol and many more.
Early Notables of the Bertold family (pre 1700)
Quelques membres notables appartenaient à cette famille. Parmi eux, on trouve Martin Berteau (1691-1771), a French cellist, cello teacher, and composer; and Jeanne Agnès Berthelot de Pléneuf, Marquise de Prie (1698-1727), French noblewoman during the reign of Louis XV.
Charles Bertheau (1660-1732) was a French pastor in London, born at Montpelier, and educated partly in...
Another 53 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bertold Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bertold migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bertold Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bernh Bertold, who arrived in Missouri in 1836 
Contemporary Notables of the name Bertold (post 1700)
- Bertold Reissig (b. 1877), German stage and film actor, active from 1918 to 1939
- Bertold Hummel (1925-2002), German composer of modern classical music
- Bertold Hummell (1925-2002), German composer of modern classical music
- Bertold Löffler (1874-1960), Austrian painter, printmaker, designer and ceramicist
- ^ Smith, George (ed), Dictionary of National Biography. London: Smith, Elder & Co., 1885-1900. Print
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)