100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Benner family come from? What is the German Benner family crest and coat of arms? When did the Benner family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Benner family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Baner, Banner, Bayner, Bainer and others.
First found in East Prussia and Silesia, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Benner research. Another 290 words(21 lines of text) covering the years 1596, 1641, 1651, and 1681 are included under the topic Early Benner History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Benner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Benner Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Mathew Benner, who arrived in Virginia in 1638
Benner Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Henr Benner, who landed in America in 1709
- Jacob Benner, who landed in America in 1709
- Johan Figt Benner, aged 22, landed in Pennsylvania in 1739
- Johannes Benner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1743
- Heinrich Benner, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749
Benner Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Benner, who landed in America in 1809
- Conrad Benner, aged 34, arrived in Missouri in 1840
- Frederick Benner, aged 34, landed in Mobile County, Ala in 1843
- Adolf Benner, who arrived in Texas in 1844
- Robert Benner, aged 13, landed in New York, NY in 1847
Benner Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Adam Benner, who landed in Kansas in 1905
Benner Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. Jacob Benner U.E who settled in Canada c. 1783
- George Benner (1859-1930), American congressman, member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Pennsylvania
- Hugh Benner (1899-1975), American general superintendent in the Church of the Nazarene
- Stanley G. Benner (1916-1942), United States Marine Corps officer and Silver Star and Purple Heart recipient, eponym of two destroyers USS Benner (DE-551) and USS Benner (DD-807)
- Huelet Leo "Joe" Benner (1917-1999), American sports shooter and Olympic champion
- Frederick Hagamann Benner (b. 1930), former American football player
- Isaac B. "Ike" Benner (1856-1932), American Major League Baseball player
- Richard Benner (1943-1990), American film director and screenwriter
- Maximilian Oskar Bircher Benner (1867-1939), Swiss physician and a pioneer in nutritional research
- Maikel Benner (b. 1980), Dutch baseball player
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Garland, Mary and Henry Garland Editions. Oxford Companion To German Literature 3rd Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1997. Print. (ISBN 0198158963).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
The Benner Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Benner Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 February 2015 at 13:15.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!