Bengtsson History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Bengtsson is an ancient Anglo-Saxon surname that came from the German name Beringer. The surname Bengtsson probably arrived in England shortly after the Norman Conquest of 1066, when the Normans imported many laborers from the continent in order to expedite their hold on England.
Early Origins of the Bengtsson family
The surname Bengtsson was first found in Gloucestershire, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
Early History of the Bengtsson family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bengtsson research. Another 195 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1208, 1500, 1553, 1778, and 1827 are included under the topic Early Bengtsson History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bengtsson Spelling Variations
The English language only became standardized in the last few centuries; therefore, spelling variations are common among early Anglo-Saxon names. As the form of the English language changed, even the spelling of literate people's names evolved. Bengtsson has been recorded under many different variations, including Benger, Benyger, Beniger, Beneger, Bengar, Benniger and many more.
Early Notables of the Bengtsson family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Bengtsson Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bengtsson migration to the United States +
For many English families, the political and religious disarray that shrouded England made the far away New World an attractive prospect. On cramped disease-ridden ships, thousands migrated to those British colonies that would eventually become Canada and the United States. Those hardy settlers that survived the journey often went on to make important contributions to the emerging nations in which they landed. Analysis of immigration records indicates that some of the first North American immigrants bore the name Bengtsson or a variant listed above:
Bengtsson Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Lars Bengtsson, who landed in Delaware in 1655 
- Anders Bengtsson, who landed in Delaware in 1693 
- Bengt Bengtsson, who arrived in Delaware in 1693 
- Benot Bengtsson, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1693 
Bengtsson Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Matthis Bengtsson, aged 26, who arrived in America in 1852 
- Mattis Bengtsson, aged 26, who landed in America in 1852 
- Nils A Bengtsson, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1876 
Contemporary Notables of the name Bengtsson (post 1700) +
- Rasmus Bengtsson (b. 1993), Swedish professional ice hockey player
- Rasmus Bengtsson (b. 1986), Swedish footballer
- Lars Olov "Lasse" Bengtsson (b. 1951), Swedish journalist and television presenter
- Pierre Bengtsson (b. 1988), Swedish footballer who plays as a left back
- Lennart Bengtsson (b. 1935), Swedish meteorologist
- Robin Bengtsson (b. 1990), Swedish singer who took part in Swedish Idol 2008
- Frans Gunnar Bengtsson (1894-1954), Swedish novelist, essayist, poet and biographer
- Björn Roger Bengtsson (b. 1973), Swedish actor
Historic Events for the Bengtsson family +
- Mr. Johan Viktor Bengtsson (d. 1912), aged 26, Swedish Third Class passenger from Fridhemsberg, Halland who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Titanic Passenger List - Titanic Facts. (Retrieved 2016, July 13) . Retrieved from http://www.titanicfacts.net/titanic-passenger-list.html