Benedicto History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished surname Benedicto comes from Spain, a country rich in culture and history. This name is patronymic name derived from the Latin name Benedictus, which means blessed. The name was very popular during the Middle Ages because of popular devotion to the Italian saint Benedictus, who founded the Benedictine Order in 529.
Early Origins of the Benedicto family
The surname Benedicto was first found in Asturias, where the name had its origins during the reign of the Visigothic kings.
Important Dates for the Benedicto family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Benedicto research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the year 1002 is included under the topic Early Benedicto History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Benedicto Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Benítez, Benitez, Benites, Benito, Benedítez, Beneditez, Benedito, Benedicto, Beneyto, Beneitez and many more.
Early Notables of the Benedicto family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Benedicto Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Benedicto migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Benedicto Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Manuel Benedicto, who settled in Puerto Rico in 1838
- Manuel Benedicto, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1838 
Contemporary Notables of the name Benedicto (post 1700)
- Lourdes Benedicto (b. 1974), American actress
- Roberto S Benedicto (1982-1986), Philippine diplomat
- José E. Benedicto, Treasurer of Puerto Rico
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)