Bencini History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Italian surname comes from a personal name, which is made up of the Italian words "bene," meaning "well," "ci," or "to us," and "venga," meaning "come." The name may have been taken as a surname purely arbitrarily, or it may have been the personal name of one of the first bearer's relatives, most likely his father.
Early Origins of the Bencini family
The surname Bencini was first found in Italy. Instances of the name occur in almost every part of Italy, though specific forms of the name tend to be restricted to one area. For instance, the variation Bencivenga comes from Naples, whereas Bentivegna appears most frequently in Sicily and Bencivenni is rarely seen outside of the province of Emilia. The name Bencini, like many surnames originated as a personal name. Meaning "well come," or "welcome." The name was given to babies as a way of thanking God for a safe birth and was very popular in the 10th and 11th centuries. The name may have been taken as a surname purely arbitrarily, or it may have been the personal name of one of the first bearer's relatives, most likely his father.
Early History of the Bencini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bencini research. Another 71 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1664, 1744, 1670, 1755, 1443, 1496, 1458, 1474 and 1967 are included under the topic Early Bencini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bencini Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bencivenga, Bencivegna, Bentivenga, Bentivegna, Benvenga, Benvegna, Bencivenni, Bencivenisti, Benevenia, Bontivegna, Bonvegna, Benci, Bencich, Bencic, Bencetti, Bencini, Bencina, Benciani, Vegna, Vegni, Venne and many more.
Early Notables of the Bencini family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Benci di Ancona; Francis Dominic Bencini (1664-1744), Maltese philosopher; and Pietro Paolo Bencini (ca. 1670-1755), Italian Baroque composer. Piero del Pollaiolo (c. 1443 - 1496), also known as Piero Benci, was an Italian Renaissance painter from Florence. Ginevra de' Benci (born c.1458), the 15th-century Florentine aristocrat was...
Another 54 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bencini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bencini migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bencini Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antidoro Bencini, aged 21, who immigrated to the United States from Protora, in 1902
- Ugolino Bencini, aged 53, who immigrated to the United States from Pistora, in 1903
- Luigi Bencini, aged 18, who landed in America from S. Vincenzo, Italy, in 1908
- Nicola Bencini, aged 39, who immigrated to America from Canosa, Bari, in 1908
- Raffaele Bencini, aged 26, who landed in America from Perugio, Italy, in 1908
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Bencini (post 1700) +
- Pietro Paolo Bencini (1670-1755), Italian Baroque composer
- Francis Dominic Bencini (1664-1744), Maltese philosopher
- Graham Bencini (b. 1976), former professional footballer
Related Stories +