Early Origins of the Benazzi family
The surname Benazzi was first found in Lombardy
(Italian: Lombardia), a territorial, industrialized division of Italy south of the Alps. It is the most political active. Milan is the chief city, followed by Mortera, Pavia and Mantua. Silk is the principal trade. Although the family were originally of Lombardy
they branched sometime before the 11th century to Bologna where they held a family seat
from the from that time in the city of Bergamo. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Benazzi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Benazzi research.Another 460 words (33 lines of text) covering the years 1217, 1501, 1538, 1564, and 1572 are included under the topic Early Benazzi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Benazzi Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Benazzi, Benacci, Bonazzi, Benassai, Benasai and many more.
Early Notables of the Benazzi family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Benazzi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Benazzi family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Benazzi Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Luigi Benazzi, who arrived in Alabama in 1892
- Rose Benazzi, aged 24, who emigrated to the United States, in 1895
- Teresa Benazzi, aged 1, who emigrated to America, in 1895
Benazzi Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Vincenzo Benazzi, aged 20, who emigrated to the United States from Retarto, in 1901
- Vincenzo Benazzi, aged 25, who landed in America from Piacenza, in 1905
- Maria Benazzi, aged 22, who landed in America from Ferriere, Italy, in 1907
- Matilde Benazzi, aged 18, who emigrated to the United States from Ferriere, in 1907
- Giuseppe Benazzi, aged 39, who emigrated to the United States from Ferriere, Italy, in 1907
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Benazzi (post 1700)
- Mario Benazzi (1902-1997), Italian zoologist at Instituto di Zoologia e Anatomia Comparata Universita di Pisa
- Abdelatif Benazzi (b. 1968), French (Moroccan born) rugby union footballer, who has represented both Morocco and France internationally