Bellomo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bellomo family
The surname Bellomo was first found in the city of Verona, where earliest records are found in 1279 with Vivaldo and Filippo Bellanda, city councilors, and with the Bellani family who were well in known for their peace-making efforts. Jacobus de Belviso (c. 1270-1335) was an Italian jurist from Bologna.
Early History of the Bellomo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bellomo research. More information is included under the topic Early Bellomo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bellomo Spelling Variations
Italian surnames come in far more variations than the names of most other nationalities. Regional traditions and dialects are a decisive factor in this characteristic. For example, northern names tend to end in "o", while southern in "i". Also important, but not unique to Italy, was the fact that before dictionaries and the printing press most scribes simply spelled words according to their sounds. The predictable result was an enormous number of spelling variations. The recorded spellings of Bellomo include Belli, Bello, Bella, De Bello, De Belli, Debelli, De Bei, De Bellis, Di Bello, Lo Bello, Lobello, Lubello, Lubelli, La Bella, Labella, Bellavista, Bellido, Bellardi, Bellezza, Bellone, Bellarmini, Bellacati, Bellacera, Bellelli, Belleli, Belle, Belletti, Bellettini, Bellini, Bellino, Bellin, Belluzzi, Bellocci, Bellozzi, Bellotti, Belotti, Bellotto, Bellotta, Belloni, Bellacci, Bellaccini, Ballacchini, Bellazzi, Bellami, Bellemo, Bellen, Bellandi, Bellani, Bellano, Bellan, Bellardo, Bellasi, Bellati, Bellato, Belliato, Bellero, Belleri, Belleschi, Bellesi, Belligi, Bellisi, Bellugi, Belluschi, Belushi, Bellussi, Bellutti, Bellutta, Bellassai, Bellantonio, Bellantoni, Bellantone, Bellantuone, Bellocchio, Bellocchi, Bellebuono, Bellobuono, Bellabuono, Bellomo, Belluomo, Begliuomini and many more.
Early Notables of the Bellomo family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Gualtieri di Bellante, a Baron and castle owner in Abruzzo in the 13th century. Members of the Belloni family in Venice were noblemen, knights, military captains, and politicians around the same time. Tommaso Bellacci, a monk in Florence was born in 1370. Bartolomeo Bellano, born in Padua in 1435, was a sculptor. Lucio Bellanti was a doctor and astrologer in Siena around 1475. Andrea Bellanti was a nobleman and banker in Siena in the 15th century.
Alvise Bellacati was a famous doctor in Padua. Giovanni Bellacera was Baron of Regalmigieri in 1418. Ottone Belloni...
Another 248 words (18 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bellomo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bellomo migration to the United States +
Early North American immigration records have revealed a number of people bearing the name Bellomo or a variant listed above:
Bellomo Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Benedetto Bellomo, aged 18, who settled in America from Casamasima, Italy, in 1909
- Agostino Bellomo, aged 2, who landed in America from Castrogiovanni, Sicily, in 1910
- Alessandro Bellomo, aged 23, who immigrated to the United States from Carrego, Italy, in 1912
- Angelo Bellomo, aged 6, who immigrated to the United States from Bakanito, Italy, in 1912
- Antonino Bellomo, aged 23, who landed in America from Castisgiovanni, Sicily, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Bellomo (post 1700) +
- Liborio Salvatore "Barney" Bellomo (b. 1957), American street boss of the Genovese crime family in New York City
- Eileen Bellomo, American musician, best known as a member of rock group Blondie
- Joseph Bellomo, American founder of the multi-award winning Joseph Bellomo Architects who specialize in innovative and sustainable architecture
- Tish Bellomo, American musician, best known as a member of rock group Blondie
- Sebastian J. Bellomo, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Justice of New York Supreme Court 8th District, 1963
- Nicola Bellomo (b. 1991), Italian footballer who currently plays for Bari
- Salvatore Bellomo (b. 1951), retired Belgian-Italian professional wrestler
Related Stories +