Bellini History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bellini family
The surname Bellini was first found in Verona, a city in Venetia, Italy capital of the province of Verona. This ancient city was the chief town of the Cenomani, a Gaulish tribe and became a Latin town in 89 B.C. It became part of Lombardy(568,) Frankish, Bartolmeo ruled and died in 1304. It is said to be the home of Romeo and Juliet. The city is rich in churches, museums, galleries, paintings, sculptures, statues and monuments. The cathedral was consecrated in 1187. The Bellini family were well established in records of the city before the year 1406. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Bellini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bellini research. Another 146 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1406, 1478, 1430, 1516, 1429, 1507, 1474, 1625, 1700, 1643, 1704, 1625 and 1700 are included under the topic Early Bellini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bellini Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Bellini, Bellami, Bellino, Bellin, Belli, Bellene, Bellani and many more.
Early Notables of the Bellini family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Giovanni Bellini (c.1430-1516), a Venetian Renaissance painter, the best known of the Bellini family of painters; Gentile Bellini (c. 1429-1507), an Italian painter, from 1474 he was the official portrait artist for the...
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bellini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Bellini family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Johann Belli, who arrived in Georgia sometime between 1733 and 1783; Anselme Belisle, who arrived in New Orleans in 1767; Waters Belli, who came to Missouri in 1793.
Contemporary Notables of the name Bellini (post 1700)
- Elma Ann Bellini (1954-2018), American jurist, Member of the New York Supreme Court
- David Bellini (1972-2016), Italian screenwriter, television writer and story editor
- Vincenzo Bellini (1801-1835), Italian opera composer
- Filippo Bellini (b. 1594), Italian painter
- Lorenzo Bellini (1643-1704), Italian physician and anatomist
- Giovanni Bellini (1430-1516), the famous Italian Renaissance painter
- Hilderaldo Luís Bellini (1930-2014), Brazilian footballer who played for the Brazil National Team (1957-1966)
- Paul Bellini (b. 1963), Canadian comedy writer and television actor
- Francesco Bellini (b. 1947), Luxembourg footballer