Beedy History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Beedy family
The surname Beedy was first found in Roxburghshire, Scotland, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
Important Dates for the Beedy family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beedy research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1296, 1597, 1603, 1735, 1771, and 1803 are included under the topic Early Beedy History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beedy Spelling Variations
Although the name, Beedy, appeared in many references, from time to time, the surname was shown with the spellings Beattie, Beatty, Beaty, Beatie, Betay, Bety and others.
Early Notables of the Beedy family (pre 1700)
Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Beedy Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Beedy family to Ireland
Some of the Beedy family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 61 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beedy migration to the United States
Gradually becoming disenchanted with life in Ireland many of these uprooted families sailed aboard the armada of sailing ships known as the "White Sails" which plied the stormy Atlantic. These overcrowded ships often arrived with only 60 to 70% of their original passenger list, many dying of cholera, typhoid, dysentery or small pox. In North America, some of the first immigrants who could be considered kinsmen of the Beedy family name Beedy, or who bore a variation of the surname were
Beedy Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- A Beedy, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851 
- J Beedy, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851 
Contemporary Notables of the name Beedy (post 1700)
- Dan Beedy, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Senator from Kansas, 1920 
- Carroll Lynwood Beedy (1880-1947), American Republican politician, Cumberland County Prosecuting Attorney, 1917-21; U.S. Representative from Maine 1st District, 1921-35; Defeated, 1934 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html