Beede History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Beede family
The surname Beede was first found in Roxburghshire, Scotland, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
Important Dates for the Beede family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beede research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1296, 1597, 1603, 1735, 1771, and 1803 are included under the topic Early Beede History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beede Spelling Variations
Although the name, Beede, appeared in many references, from time to time, the surname was shown with the spellings Beattie, Beatty, Beaty, Beatie, Betay, Bety and others.
Early Notables of the Beede family (pre 1700)
Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Beede Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Beede family to Ireland
Some of the Beede family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 61 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beede migration to the United States
Gradually becoming disenchanted with life in Ireland many of these uprooted families sailed aboard the armada of sailing ships known as the "White Sails" which plied the stormy Atlantic. These overcrowded ships often arrived with only 60 to 70% of their original passenger list, many dying of cholera, typhoid, dysentery or small pox. In North America, some of the first immigrants who could be considered kinsmen of the Beede family name Beede, or who bore a variation of the surname were
Beede Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Tho Beede, who landed in Virginia in 1642 
Contemporary Notables of the name Beede (post 1700)
- Wayne Beede, American Democrat politician, Member of Colorado State House of Representatives, 1950 
- Ralph Beede, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from North Dakota, 1948 
- Orlando Beede, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Essex County, 1899-1900 
- Earle C. Beede, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from North Dakota, 1936 
- Clifton H. Beede, American Republican politician, Elected New Hampshire State House of Representatives from Fremont 1938 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html