Beatie History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Beatie family
The surname Beatie was first found in Roxburghshire, Scotland, where they held a family seat from ancient times.
Early History of the Beatie family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beatie research. Another 76 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1296, 1597, 1603, 1735, 1771, and 1803 are included under the topic Early Beatie History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beatie Spelling Variations
The name, Beatie, occurred in many references, and from time to time, it was spelt Beattie, Beatty, Beaty, Beatie, Betay, Bety and others.
Early Notables of the Beatie family (pre 1700)
Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Beatie Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Beatie family to Ireland
Some of the Beatie family moved to Ireland, but this topic is not covered in this excerpt.
Another 61 words (4 lines of text) about their life in Ireland is included in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beatie migration to the United States
The New World beckoned settlers from the Scottish-English borders. They sailed aboard the armada of sailing ships known as the "White Sails" which plied the stormy Atlantic. Some called them, less romantically, the "coffin ships." Among the early settlers bearing the Beatie surname who came to North America were:
Beatie Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Beatie, who landed in New Jersey in 1685 
Beatie Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mrs. H S Beatie, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1851 
Beatie migration to Canada
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Beatie Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Mr. John Beatie U.E. who settled in New Brunswick c. 1783 
Contemporary Notables of the name Beatie (post 1700)
- Russel H. "Cap" Beatie, American co-founder of Savas Beatie LLC, a California-based book publishing company established in 2004
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Rubincam, Milton. The Old United Empire Loyalists List. Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc, 1976. (Originally published as; United Empire Loyalists. The Centennial of the Settlement of Upper Canada. Rose Publishing Company, 1885.) ISBN 0-8063-0331-X