Beardall History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Beardall family
The surname Beardall was first found in Cumberland, where they held a family seat from very ancient times. This name has undergone many changes throughout the centuries. Conjecturally, the family name emerged from Birdswald, a Clan seated on Hadrian's Wall in Cumberland, at the station known as Amboglanna. The name was corrupted into Birdoswald, Birdwood, Birdworth, Birdswood, and Birdsworth.
Early History of the Beardall family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beardall research. Another 73 words (5 lines of text) covering the year 1603 is included under the topic Early Beardall History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beardall Spelling Variations
Sound and intuition were the main things that scribes in the Middle Ages relied on when spelling and translating names. Since those factors varied, so did the spelling of the names. Spelling variations of the name Beardall include Birdoswald, Birdwald, Birdweld, Birdwell, Birdwood, Birdworth, Birdswood, Birdsworth, Beardwall, Beardwell, Berdwall, Berdwell, Beardwood, Beardworth and many more.
Early Notables of the Beardall family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Beardall Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beardall migration to the United States
In North America, the monarchy was thousands of miles away and Scots were free to settle on their own land and practice their own beliefs. The American War of Independence provided an opportunity for these settlers to pay back the English monarchy and forge a new nation. Recently, this heritage has survived through North American highland games and Clan societies. Early North American immigration and passenger lists have revealed a number of people bearing the name Beardall or a variant listed above:
Beardall Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Beardall, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1868 
- William Beardall, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1868 
Contemporary Notables of the name Beardall (post 1700)
- William Beardall Jr. (1890-1984), American politician, Mayor of Orlando, Florida, 1940-52 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 27) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html