Beagley History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
All Irish surnames have a unique and often romantic meaning. The name Beagley originally appeared in Gaelic as O Beaglaoich where beag means little, and laoch means hero. First Anglicized as O'Begley, it now appears mostly as Begley, and occasionally Bagley.
Early Origins of the Beagley family
The surname Beagley was first found in the counties of Cork and Donegal (Irish: Dún na nGall), northwest Ireland in the province of Ulster, sometimes referred to as County Tyrconnel, where they held considerable territories as an important Irish sept directly descended from the line of the Heber Irish Kings.
Early History of the Beagley family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Beagley research. Another 112 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1172, 1732, and 1890 are included under the topic Early Beagley History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beagley Spelling Variations
Names during the Middle Ages were often recorded under several different spelling variations during the life of their bearers. Literacy was rare at that time and so how a person's name was recorded was decided by the individual scribe. Variations of the name Beagley include Begley, Beegley, Beeghley, Begly, Begeley, Begely, Beagley and many more.
Early Notables of the Beagley family (pre 1700)
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Beagley Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Beagley migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Beagley Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- Joab Beagley, who arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Indian" in 1849 
Contemporary Notables of the name Beagley (post 1700) +
- Samantha Beagley, American actress, known for The Look of Love (2013) and Scenes of an Adult Nature (2011)
- Timothy Beagley, American actor, known for A Million Miles Away (2016), I (Almost) Got Away with It (2010) and National Geographic Explorer (1985)
- Nina Beagley, American child actress, known for Summerland (2020), 3 for A Girl 4 for A Boy (2021) and I Heard It Too (2014)
- Travis Beagley, American actor and producer, known for Monochrome Paradise (2019), Lottery Road (2018) and The Orphan Girl (2014)
- Aiden Beagley, American child actor, known for Code of Honor (2016), The Cokeville Miracle (2015) and Hello I Love You (2018)
- David Beagley, Australian former professor at La Trobe University, Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
- Kenneth Beagley, Australian Professor of Immunology, Faculty of Health, Queensland University of Technology
- Peter Beagley (b. 1946), birth name of Peter Head, Australian rock music pianist and singer-songwriter
- John Beagley (b. 1933), Australian cricketer. He played eighteen first-class matches for South Australia between 1956 and 1960
- John Beagley (1800-1885), English professional cricketer who played first-class cricket from 1823 to 1826
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +