Bail History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Bail family
The surname Bail was first found in Provence, where they have held a family seat since ancient times.
Early History of the Bail family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Bail research. Another 405 words (29 lines of text) covering the years 1256, 1280, 1457, 1474, 1483, 1487, 1514, 1604, 1649, 1668, 1706, 1789, 1808, 1812, and 1885 are included under the topic Early Bail History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bail Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Baile, Bail, Baille, de Baile, Delabaile, Baillon, Bailloux, Bailloud, Lebail, Baille, Baile, Bail, Bayle, Baylle, Beille, Beile, Beil, Beyle, Beylle, Beyel, Bayel, Beyell, Bayell, Beyelle, Bayelle, de Baille, du Baille, de la Baille, Baill, Bauille, Baulle, Bale, Debayle and many more.
Early Notables of the Bail family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the names at this time was Louis-Philibert Baille, Lord of Beauregard, horseman, Artillery Lieutenant, member of the Royal Grenadiers of the County of Bourgogne, Knight of...
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Bail Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Bail migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Bail Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Robart Bail, who arrived in Virginia in 1619 
- Richard Bail, who landed in Virginia in 1638 
- John Bail, who arrived in New England in 1650 
Bail Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Richard Bail, who arrived in Virginia in 1714 
- James Bail, who landed in America in 1782 
Bail Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Hugh Bail, aged 28, who landed in New York in 1812 
- Sally Bail, aged 33, who arrived in Massachusetts in 1813 
- J Bail, who arrived in San Francisco, California in 1850 
- Blasius Bail, aged 20, who landed in New York in 1854 
- Xaver Bail who settled in Philadelphia in 1867
Bail migration to Australia +
Emigration to Australia
followed the First Fleets
of convicts, tradespeople and early settlers. Early immigrants include:
Bail Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- David Bail, aged 19, a farm labourer, who arrived in South Australia in 1857 aboard the ship "Henry Moore"
- Joseph Bail, aged 18, a farm labourer, who arrived in South Australia in 1857 aboard the ship "Henry Moore"
Contemporary Notables of the name Bail (post 1700) +
- Alex Bail (1900-1973), Russian-born, American radical and union leader
- John G. Bail, American politician, Mayor of Uniontown, Pennsylvania, 1935
- Murray Bail (b. 1941), Australian author of novels, short stories and non-fiction, co-recipient of the Age Book of the Year Award for his novel Homesickness (1980)
- René Bail (1931-2007), Canadian director, cinematographer and actor from Montreal
- Paul Andrew Clayden Bail (b. 1965), English cricketer from Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset who played first-class cricket for Somerset and for Cambridge University (1985-1990)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)