Aubuchon History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The prominent surname Aubuchon originated in France, a country which has been a dominant presence in world affairs for centuries. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in France were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. As well as the names of the saints of the Christian Church, many of the most common French surnames are derived from personal names of Germanic origin. They derive from the language of the Franks, who controlled France between the mid-5th and early 8th centuries. The name Aubuchon is derived from the Old German given name Alberic. Looking back even further, we found the name was originally derived from the Latin word Albericus.
Early Origins of the Aubuchon family
The surname Aubuchon was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France in the eastern part of France where one can trace this distinguished name since very early times.
This surname is generally believed to be derived from Albert, an ancient baptismal name. The closest gallo-germanic form of the name was found in the name of Aubertus which according to MM A. Bernard and A. Bruel is recorded in the "Recueil des chartres de l'abbaye de Cluny" some time during the year 922. This same spelling surfaced again around the year 1136 in the cartulary of Saint Cyprien of Poitiers. It is believed that the original name was "Athalbertus," which was first noted during the end of the 6th century. 
As it is so frequently found during that period, the name keeps on reappearing under different forms and for this particular name we find many variations such as Adalbertus during the 6th century, Aalbertus and Atalbertus during the 10th century.
From its original settlement the family branched to all the different regions of France, and today the name is encountered, in its several variations, depending on the area, in most parts of France.
Early History of the Aubuchon family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Aubuchon research. Another 103 words (7 lines of text) covering the year 1136 is included under the topic Early Aubuchon History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Aubuchon Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Aubert, Auber, Aubers, Aubbert, Aubber, Aubbers, Aubère, Aubèrre, Auberg, Obert, Ober, Obers, Obbert, Obber, Obbers, Obère, Obèrre, Oberg, Haubert, Hauber, Haubers, Haubbert, Haubber, Haubbers, Hauberg, Hobert, Hober, Hobers, Hobbert, Hobère, Hobèrre, D'Aubert, D'Auber, D'Aubers, D'Aubbert, D'Aubber, D'Aubbers, D'Aubère, D'Aubèrre, D'Auberg, Aubet, Aubey, Aubay, Aubé, Aubée, Aubbet, Aubbey, Aubbay, Aubbé, Aubbée, Aubère, Aubèrre and many more.
Early Notables of the Aubuchon family (pre 1700)
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Aubuchon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Aubuchon migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Aubuchon Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Clement Aubuchon, aged 26, originally from Asson, France, who arrived in New York in 1911 aboard the ship "Floride" from Havre, France 
Aubuchon migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- François Aubuchon, son of Jacques and Mathurine, who married Anne-Céleste Dizy, daughter of Pierre and Marie, in Champlain, Quebec on 30th July 1691 
- François Aubuchon, son of Joseph and Louise, who married Catherine Hus, daughter of Marc-Antoine and Françoise, in Sorel-Tracy, Quebec on 3rd July 1724 
- Jacques Aubuchon, son of Marguerite Itasse, who married Jean and Marie, daughter of Jean and Marie, in Quebec on 11th November 1667 
- Jacques Aubuchon, son of Jacques and Mathurine, who married Catherine Jérémie, daughter of Noel and Jeanne, in Champlain, Quebec on 28th January 1681 
- Jacques Aubuchon, son of Jean and Marguerite, who married Marie-Ursule Philippe, daughter of Philippe and Marie, in Trois-Rivières, Quebec on 11th November 1687 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Aubuchon (post 1700) +
- Alfred J. Aubuchon, American politician, Mayor of Hazelwood, Missouri, 1955 
- A. C. Aubuchon, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Minnesota, 1956 
Related Stories +
- ^ Dionne, N.-E., Origine Des Familles Canadiennes-Français. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1969. Print.
- ^ "New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:JJK1-55S : 6 December 2014), Clement Aubuchon, 23 Apr 1911; citing departure port Havre, France, arrival port New York, ship name Floride, NARA microfilm publication T715 and M237 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).
- ^ Internoscia, Arthur E., and Claire Chevrier. Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français 1608-1760. Vol. 1, Institut Drouin, 1958.
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 28) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html