The prestigious French surname Ascencio is a proud sign of a rich and dynamic ancestry. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames
in France were the patronymic
surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. As well as the names of the saints of the Christian Church, many of the most common French surnames are derived from personal names of Germanic origin. They derive from the language of the Franks, who controlled France between the mid-5th and early 8th centuries. The name Ascencio is derived from the Old French forename "Ascelin", which itself comes from the Germanic name "Adalin".
Early Origins of the Ascencio family
The surname Ascencio was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France, where this ancient family has held a family seat
from very early times.
Early History of the Ascencio family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ascencio research.Another 390 words (28 lines of text) covering the years 1700, 1790, 1792, and 1800 are included under the topic Early Ascencio History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ascencio Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Asselin, Aselin, Ascelin, Asscelin, Assellin, Asellin, Ascellin, Asscellin, Asselain, Aselain, Ascelain, Asscelain, Assellain, Asellain, Ascellain, Asscellain, Asseling, Aseling, Asceling, Assceling, Asselling, Aselling, Ascelling, Asscelling, Asselaing, Aselaing, Ascelaing, Asscelaing, Asselaing, Axelin, Axelain, Axeling, Axelaing, Axellin, Axellain, Acelin, Accelin, Acellin, Acelain, Acellain, Accellain and many more.
Early Notables of the Ascencio family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Ascencio Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Ascencio family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Ascencio Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Rosa Augta Ascencio, aged 19, who emigrated to America, in 1895
Ascencio Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Jose Ascencio, aged 25, who landed in America from Barcelona, Spain, in 1917
- Virgilio Ascencio, aged 35, who landed in America, in 1919
- Daniel Ascencio, aged 39, who emigrated to the United States from Port au Prince, Haiti, in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Ascencio (post 1700)
- Natalie Ascencio, American painter, sculptor and marionette maker
- Commandante Manuel Ascencio (1774-1816), Upper Peruvian guerrilla chief who fought in the Bolivian War of Independence
- Franco Ascencio (b. 1981), Argentine footballer
- Nelson Ascencio (b. 1964), Cuban actor and comedian