Early Origins of the Arbogast family
The surname Arbogast was first found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat
with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Dijonnais and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
Early History of the Arbogast family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arbogast research.Another 235 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1813, 1519 and 1595 are included under the topic Early Arbogast History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Arbogast Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Arbault, Arbaut, Arbos, Harbaud, Harbo, Arbod, Arbou, Arboult, Arbout, Arbaud, Arboud, Arbaux, Arboux, Arbous, Arbaus, Harbaut, Arbois, Arboys, Arbot and many more.
Early Notables of the Arbogast family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family at this time was Thoinot Arbeau (1519-1595), pen name of Jehan Tabourot, French author, best known for his Orchésographie, a study of late... Another 26 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Arbogast Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Arbogast family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Arbogast Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Ignatius Arbogast, who landed in New York in 1828 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- Ignace Arbogast, who settled in America in 1828
- Ignatius Arbogast, who settled in Allegheny Co., Pennsylvania in 1789-1840
- Eduard Arbogast, who settled in New York in 1854
- George Arbogast, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1883
Arbogast Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mary Arbogast, who settled in America, in 1903
- Perry A. Arbogast, aged 35, who emigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Jacob Arbogast, who settled in America, in 1906
- Victor Arbogast, aged 35, who landed in America, in 1908
- Julius Arbogast, aged 46, who emigrated to the United States, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Arbogast Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Emile Arbogast, aged 59, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1918
Contemporary Notables of the name Arbogast (post 1700)
- Robert "Bob" Arbogast (1927-2009), American radio broadcaster, voice actor, and television host
- Thierry Arbogast (b. 1957), French multi-award–winning French cinematographer
- Louis François Antoine Arbogast (1759-1803), French mathematician