100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Arbogast family come from? What is the French Arbogast family crest and coat of arms? When did the Arbogast family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Arbogast family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Arbault, Arbaut, Arbos, Harbaud, Harbo, Arbod, Arbou, Arboult, Arbout, Arbaud, Arboud, Arbaux, Arboux, Arbous, Arbaus, Harbaut, Arbois, Arboys, Arbot and many more.
First found in Burgundy (French: Bourgogne), an administrative and historical region of east-central France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries, and held a family seat with lands and manor. The family were well established in the region of Dijonnais and several members of the family distinguished themselves through their contributions toward the community in which they lived and were rewarded with lands, titles and letters patent confirming their nobility.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Arbogast research. Another 191 words(14 lines of text) covering the year 1813 is included under the topic Early Arbogast History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Arbogast Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Arbogast Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Ignatius Arbogast, who landed in New York in 1828
- Ignace Arbogast, who came to America in 1828
- Ignatius Arbogast, who came to Allegheny Co. , Pennsylvania in 1789-1840
- Eduard Arbogast, who settled in New York in 1854
- George Arbogast, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1883
Arbogast Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Mary Arbogast, who settled in America, in 1903
- Perry A. Arbogast, aged 35, who emigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Jacob Arbogast, who settled in America, in 1906
- Victor Arbogast, aged 35, who landed in America, in 1908
- Julius Arbogast, aged 46, who emigrated to the United States, in 1911
Arbogast Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Emile Arbogast, aged 59, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1918
- Robert "Bob" Arbogast (1927-2009), American radio broadcaster, voice actor, and television host
- Thierry Arbogast (b. 1957), French multi-award–winning French cinematographer
- Louis François Antoine Arbogast (1759-1803), French mathematician
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Arbogast Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Arbogast Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 16 June 2015 at 11:24.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!