Appletree History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Appletree family
The surname Appletree was first found in Northamptonshire at Appletree, a hamlet, in the parish of Astonle-Walls, union of Banbury, hundred of ChippingWarden, a relatively small village, the population in the late 1800s was only 92.  Appletree-Hall is another small village, but this one is in the parish of Wilton, Hawick district of the county of Roxburgh, Scotland. This latter village had a population of about 75 in the late 1800s. 
Early History of the Appletree family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Appletree research. Another 137 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1556, 1557, 1455 and 1487 are included under the topic Early Appletree History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Appletree Spelling Variations
Before English spelling was standardized a few hundred years ago, spelling variations of names were a common occurrence. Elements of Latin, French and other languages became incorporated into English through the Middle Ages, and name spellings changed even among the literate. The variations of the surname Appletree include Apeltree, Apoltree, Appletree, Apeltry, Apeltrie, Appeltry, Appoltry and many more.
Early Notables of the Appletree family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Appletree Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Appletree migration to the United States +
A great wave of immigration to the New World was the result of the enormous political and religious disarray that struck England at that time. Families left for the New World in extremely large numbers. The long journey was the end of many immigrants and many more arrived sick and starving. Still, those who made it were rewarded with an opportunity far greater than they had known at home in England. These emigrant families went on to make significant contributions to these emerging colonies in which they settled. Some of the first North American settlers carried this name or one of its variants:
Appletree Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Richard Appletree who arrived in Virginia in 1652
- Richard Appletree, who arrived in Virginia in 1652 
Related Stories +
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of Scotland. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)