Antonini History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
A variety of distinguished and notable names have emerged from the beautiful and historical Italian region of Tuscany, including the notable surname Antonini. During the Middle Ages, as populations grew and travel between regions became more frequent, people in Tuscany, who had been going by a single name, found it necessary to adopt a second name to identify themselves and their families. This process of adopting fixed hereditary surnames in Italy began in the 10th and 11th centuries, but it was not completed until the modern era. The patronymic surname, which is derived from the father's given name, was one of the most common name types of name created in this region. The surname Antonini was created from the given name Antonius, which in English is known in the forms Anthony and Antony. The given name Antonius means inestimable or strength. The Antonini family surname has its roots in the ancient Roman period and possibly earlier, in the Etruscan period. The most famous member of this family is Marc Antony (Marcus Antonius), the famous Roman general, politician and orator born in 83 B.C. Antony was of a distinguished family related to Julius Caesar. After Caesar's assassination Antony aroused the masses against the conspirators who murdered his relative and patron. Perhaps the most memorable aspect of his life was his love affair with Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt. The tragic end of this couple has been the subject of much literature, including one of Shakespeare's plays.
Early History of the Antonini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Antonini research. More information is included under the topic Early Antonini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Antonini Spelling Variations
Enormous variation in spelling and form characterizes those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. This is caused by two main factors: regional tradition, and inaccuracies in the recording process. Before the last few hundred years, scribes spelled names according to their sounds. Spelling variations were the unsurprising result. The variations of Antonini include Antony, Anthony, Antni, Antnia, Antnio, Antoni, Antonia, Antonio, De Antoni, Di Antonio, Antonèllo, D'Antonio, Antonello, Antonelli, Antonetti, Antonetto, Antonietti, Antonazzi, Antonazzo, Antoniutti, Antonioli, Antuoni, Antonino, Antonicelli, Antonucci, Antognini, Antognetti, Antognoli, Toni, Tony, Tonelli, Tonicello, Tonello, Tonino, Tonini, Tonizzo, Tonolli and many more.
Early Notables of the Antonini family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Antonia of Baux (c. 1355-1374), the second Queen consort of Frederick III, King of Sicily (1372-1374.) Antonio de Messina, was a painter in Messina, born in 1430. He specialized in still life, his most famous work is "St. Jerome in His Study" which is on display in the art gallery in London England today. Silvio Antonio was a humanist scholar born in...
Another 69 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Antonini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Antonini is the 5,208th most popular surname with an estimated 1,000 - 1,500 people with that name. 
Antonini migration to the United States +
Discovered in the immigration and passenger lists were a number of people bearing the name Antonini:
Antonini Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Josephine Antonini, who landed in New York, NY in 1845 
Antonini Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Antonini, aged 19, who immigrated to the United States from Sassoferato, Italy, in 1907
- Angelo Antonini, aged 29, who settled in America from Barasso, Italy, in 1908
- Adolfo Antonini, aged 28, who landed in America from Talamello, Italy, in 1908
- Adornino Antonini, aged 15, who settled in America from Montegallo, Italy, in 1909
- Alessio Antonini, aged 40, who immigrated to the United States from S. Severino, Italy, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Antonini (post 1700) +
- Luigi Antonini (1883-1968), United States labor leader
- Alfredo Antonini (1901-1983), leading Italian /American symphony conductor and composer
- Giuseppe Antonini (1914-1989), Italian footballer
- Giovanni Antonini (b. 1965), Italian conductor and soloist on the recorder and baroque transverse flute
- Alberto Antonini, Italian oenologist and winery consultant
- Luca Antonini (b. 1982), Italian footballer
- Ernesto Ramos Antonini (1898-1963), the President of the House of Representatives of Puerto Rico
- Pierre Antonini, French astronomer
Related Stories +
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)