Antone History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Antone is a patronymic surname derived from the given name Antoine. Patronyms were the oldest and most common form of hereditary surnames. The personal name Antoine is derived from the Latin name Antonius, and was very popular in the Middle Ages thanks to the popularity of St. Antony of Thebes and St. Anthony of Padua. St. Antony of Thebes (251-356) is credited with the founding of monasticism. St. Anthony of Padua lived from 1195 to 1231.
Early Origins of the Antone family
The surname Antone was first found in Provence, where the family has held a family seat since ancient times.
Early History of the Antone family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Antone research. Another 283 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1620, 1625, 1700, 1789, 1791, and 1793 are included under the topic Early Antone History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Antone Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Antoine, Antoinette, Dantoine, d'Antoine, Antone, Antoin, d'Antoin, Danthoine, Antoine, d'Anthoine, Antoinet, Dantoinet, d'Antoinet, Lantoine, Lanthoine, Anthoine, d'Anthoine, de Thoin, le Thoin, de Toin, le Toin, Antoinet, d'Antoinet, Lantoinet, l'Antoinet, Anthoinet, Lanthoinet, l'Anthoinet, d'Antoinette, Lantoinette, Dantoinette, Antoing, d'Antoing, Dantoing, de Toine, le Toine, de Toine and many more.
Early Notables of the Antone family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Antone Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Antone family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Antoine, aged 25; settled in Grenada in 1774; Albe Antoine settled in Louisiana in 1721; Jean Antoine, son of François and Françoise Catherine, of St Jean, married Marie-Joseph Nolet in Montré.
Contemporary Notables of the name Antone (post 1700) +
- Jean Antone (1943-2016), American professional wrestler
- Steve Antone (1921-2014), American farmer and politician, member of the Idaho House of Representatives (1969-1996)
- Donald Antone, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Arizona, 2000 
- Milton Antone Silveira (1929-2013), American aerospace engineer, NASA's Chief Engineer (1983 to 1986), involved in Mercury, Gemini and Apollo flights, and contributed to the investigation into the 1986 Space Shuttle Challenger disaster
- Donald Antone Hahn (b. 1948), American former Major League baseball outfielder
- Antone Chavez Exum Jr. (b. 1991), American football safety for the Minnesota Vikings
- Antone F. Cravalho, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Hawaii Territory, 1936 
- Antone Hunt, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Missouri, 1868 
- Antone Minthorn, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Oregon, 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008 
Related Stories +