Anthoine History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Anthoine is a patronymic surname derived from the given name Antoine. Patronyms were the oldest and most common form of hereditary surnames. The personal name Antoine is derived from the Latin name Antonius, and was very popular in the Middle Ages thanks to the popularity of St. Antony of Thebes and St. Anthony of Padua. St. Antony of Thebes (251-356) is credited with the founding of monasticism. St. Anthony of Padua lived from 1195 to 1231.
Early Origins of the Anthoine family
The surname Anthoine was first found in Provence, where the family has held a family seat since ancient times.
Early History of the Anthoine family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Anthoine research. Another 283 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1620, 1625, 1700, 1789, 1791, and 1793 are included under the topic Early Anthoine History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Anthoine Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Antoine, Antoinette, Dantoine, d'Antoine, Antone, Antoin, d'Antoin, Danthoine, Antoine, d'Anthoine, Antoinet, Dantoinet, d'Antoinet, Lantoine, Lanthoine, Anthoine, d'Anthoine, de Thoin, le Thoin, de Toin, le Toin, Antoinet, d'Antoinet, Lantoinet, l'Antoinet, Anthoinet, Lanthoinet, l'Anthoinet, d'Antoinette, Lantoinette, Dantoinette, Antoing, d'Antoing, Dantoing, de Toine, le Toine, de Toine and many more.
Early Notables of the Anthoine family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Anthoine Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Anthoine migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Anthoine Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Richard Anthoine, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1700 
- Nicholas Anthoine, who arrived in Massachusetts in 1750 
- Andrew Anthoine, who landed in New York in 1796 
Contemporary Notables of the name Anthoine (post 1700) +
- Sara Pinkham Anthoine, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Maine, 1924, 1932; Member of Maine Republican State Committee, 1928 
- Baron Ignace Anthoine, of Saint Joseph
- Anthoine Jérôme Balard (1802-1876), French chemist and pharmacist, professor at the College of Trace and member of the Academy of Sciences (1844), who discovered bromine in 1826 and showed the analogy between chloride and iodine
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 23) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html