on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
Where did the Spanish Andrade family come from? What is the Spanish Andrade family crest and coat of arms? When did the Andrade family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Andrade family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Andrada, Andrade, d'Andrada, d'Andrade and others.
First found in Galicia, in the northwestern region of the Iberian peninsula. The Andrade family were connected with the ancient Kings of Galicia.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Andrade research. Another 213 words (15 lines of text) covering the years 154 and 1543 are included under the topic Early Andrade History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Andrade Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Andrade Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Manuel Andrade, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1803
- Rosario Andrade, who landed in Puerto Rice in 1816
- Francisco Andrade, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1825
- Cipriano Andrade, aged 25, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Alonso Del Andrade, who landed in Florida in 1838
- William Thomas "Billy" Andrade (b. 1964), American PGA golfer
- Edward Neville da Costa Andrade (1887-1971), English physicist
- Joaquim Pedro de Andrade, Brazilian filmmaker
- Inácio José Esteves Rebello de Andrade, Brazilian poet
- Juan Carlos Mosqueda Andrade (b. 1985), Mexican football player
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
The Andrade Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Andrade Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 20 January 2014 at 10:29.
on orders of $85 or more