Andrade History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Andrade family
The surname Andrade was first found in Taranto a seaport in Apulia and capital of the province of Lecce. It is situated on a rocky island in the Gulf of Tranto. The cathedral is dedicated to an Irish Bishop San Cataldo. It has been completely modernized but has a crypt of the 6th century. There is a fine collection of relics in San Pasquale museum, formerly a convent. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Andrade family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Andrade research. Another 101 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1344 and 1543 are included under the topic Early Andrade History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Andrade Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Andrada, Andrado, Andradi, Andreadi, Andreado, Adreado, Andreotti, Androtti, Andreati and many more.
Early Notables of the Andrade family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Andrade Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Andrade migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Andrade Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Andrade Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Manuel Andrade, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1803 
- Rosario Andrade, who landed in Puerto Rice in 1816 
- Francisco Andrade, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1825 
- Cipriano Andrade, aged 25, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829 
- Alonso Del Andrade, who landed in Florida in 1838 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Andrade (post 1700)
- William Thomas "Billy" Andrade (b. 1964), American PGA golfer
- Yvette V. Andrade, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2000 
- Ricardo Andrade, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2004 
- Alex Rafael Andrade, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Mayor of Hammond, Indiana, 2011 
- Edward Neville da Costa Andrade (1887-1971), English physicist
- Joaquim Pedro de Andrade, Brazilian filmmaker
- Inácio José Esteves Rebello de Andrade, Brazilian poet
- Juan Carlos Mosqueda Andrade (b. 1985), Mexican football player
- Filipe Andrade Teixeira (b. 1980), Portuguese professional footballer
- Jefferson Andrade Siqueira (b. 1988), Brazilian striker
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 2) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html