Albertini History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Albertini came from Alberto which is formed from the words "ala," which means "everything," and "bertha," which means "famous." Thus the name means one who is famous in everything.
Early Origins of the Albertini family
The surname Albertini was first found in Bologna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region, with Leandro Alberto and Oreste degli Alberti in the 13th century. The latter was a famous poet and was a contemporary and friend of Petrarca.
Early History of the Albertini family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Albertini research. Another 116 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1270, 1298, 1300, 1430, 1528, 1644, 1685, 1623, 1698, 1664, 1716, 1473, 1533, 1404, 1400, 1479, 1739, 1670 and 1727 are included under the topic Early Albertini History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Albertini Spelling Variations
In comparison with other European surnames, Italian surnames have a surprising number of forms. They reflect the regional variations and the many dialects of the Italian language, each with its own distinctive features. For example, in Northern Italy the typical Italian surname suffix is "i", whereas in Southern Italy it is "o". Additionally, spelling changes frequently occurred because medieval scribes and church officials often spelled names as they sounded rather than according to any specific spelling rules. The spelling variations in the name Albertini include Albert, Albertazzi, Albertuzzi, Albertis, Albertelli, Albertinelli, Albertini, Alberto, Albertocchi, Albertoli, Albertolli, Alberton, Albertoni, Albertosi, Albertotti, Albertucci, Aliberti, Alierti, Aliverti, D'Albert, D'Alberti, D'Albertis, D'Alberto, DeAlbertellis, DeAlberti and many more.
Early Notables of the Albertini family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Ignazio Albertini (Albertino) (c. 1644-1685) an Italian Baroque violinist and composer; Paluzzo Paluzzi Altieri degli Albertoni (1623-1698), an Italian Catholic Cardinal; Giuseppe Alberti (1664-1716), an Italian painter of the Baroque period; Ludovica Albertoni (1473-1533), sometimes known as Louisa Albertoni or Ludovica Albertoni Cetera, is considered a blessed person, beatified by Pope Clement X; Leon Battista Alberti, born in 1404, who was a famous architect, painter, organist, and writer in Florence. Among his well known architectural works are the church of San Andrea in Mantua, the church of San Francesco in Rimini, and the facade...
Another 119 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Albertini Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Albertini is the 1,138th most popular surname with an estimated 4,821 people with that name. 
Migration of the Albertini family
Discovered in the immigration and passenger lists were a number of people bearing the name Albertini: Otto Alberti, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in 1871, and Augosto Alberti, who arrived in the United States with his family in 1856.
|Contemporary Notables of the name Albertini (post 1700) ||+|
- Liliana Albertini (1946-2023), Italian politician. A member of the Italian Communist Party, she served in the Chamber of Deputies from 1983 to 1988
- Francesco Albertini (1469-1510), Italian canon of the Basilica of San Lorenzo in Florence
- Bitto Albertini (1924-1999), Italian film director
- Gabriele Albertini (b. 1950), Italian politician, former Mayor of Milan
- Giampiero Albertini (1927-1991), Italian actor, voice actor and TV personality
- Ignazio Albertini (1644-1685), Italian Baroque violinist and composer
- Joachim Albertini (1748-1812), Italian-born composer
- Luigi Albertini (1871-1941), influential Italian journalist and politician
- Nicolò Albertini (1250-1321), Italian Dominican, statesman, and Cardinal
- Demetrio Albertini (b. 1971), former professional Italian football midfielder
- ... (Another 3 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)