Alberti History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Alberti came from Alberto which is formed from the words "ala," which means "everything," and "bertha," which means "famous." Thus the name means one who is famous in everything.
Early Origins of the Alberti family
The surname Alberti was first found in Bologna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region, with Leandro Alberto and Oreste degli Alberti in the 13th century. The latter was a famous poet and was a contemporary and friend of Petrarca.
Early History of the Alberti family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Alberti research. Another 116 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1270, 1298, 1300, 1430, 1528, 1644, 1685, 1623, 1698, 1664, 1716, 1473, 1533, 1404, 1400, 1479, 1739, 1670 and 1727 are included under the topic Early Alberti History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Alberti Spelling Variations
Italian surnames come in far more variations than the names of most other nationalities. Regional traditions and dialects are a decisive factor in this characteristic. For example, northern names tend to end in "o", while southern in "i". Also important, but not unique to Italy, was the fact that before dictionaries and the printing press most scribes simply spelled words according to their sounds. The predictable result was an enormous number of spelling variations. The recorded spellings of Alberti include Albert, Albertazzi, Albertuzzi, Albertis, Albertelli, Albertinelli, Albertini, Alberto, Albertocchi, Albertoli, Albertolli, Alberton, Albertoni, Albertosi, Albertotti, Albertucci, Aliberti, Alierti, Aliverti, D'Albert, D'Alberti, D'Albertis, D'Alberto, DeAlbertellis, DeAlberti and many more.
Early Notables of the Alberti family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Ignazio Albertini (Albertino) (c. 1644-1685) an Italian Baroque violinist and composer; Paluzzo Paluzzi Altieri degli Albertoni (1623-1698), an Italian Catholic Cardinal; Giuseppe Alberti (1664-1716), an Italian painter of the Baroque period; Ludovica Albertoni (1473-1533), sometimes known as Louisa Albertoni or Ludovica Albertoni Cetera, is considered a blessed person, beatified by Pope Clement X; Leon Battista Alberti, born in 1404, who was a famous architect, painter, organist, and writer in Florence. Among his well known architectural works are the church of San Andrea in Mantua, the church of San Francesco in Rimini, and the facade...
Another 119 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Alberti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In France, the name Alberti is the 3,167th most popular surname with an estimated 2,000 - 2,500 people with that name. 
Alberti migration to the United States +
Amongst the settlers in North America with this distinguished name Alberti were
Alberti Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Pietro Caesare Alberti, who settled in Long Island in 1635
Alberti Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Philip Alberti, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1765 
- Casimir Bernhard Alberti, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1767 
- Rudolf Alberti, who arrived in America in 1781 
- Christopf Ludwig Alberti, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1791 
Alberti Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henry F Alberti, who arrived in Baltimore, Maryland in 1847 
- Aug Alberti, who arrived in America in 1856 
- Juan Alberti Fran and Jaime Alberti Fran immigrated to Puerto Rico in 1870 and 1875
- Pablo Alberti Alberti immigrated to Puerto Rico in 1884
Contemporary Notables of the name Alberti (post 1700) +
- Micah Alberti (b. 1984), American television actor
- Mary McQueeney Alberti, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Massachusetts, 1980 
- Lauretta Alberti, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Delaware, 2008 
- Judy Ann Alberti, American politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for California, 1972 
- Alexander Alberti, American politician, Supervisor of Buena Vista Township, Michigan, 1865-67, 1873-74 
- Innocentio Alberti (1535-1615), Italian composer and instrumentalist
- Giuseppe Matteo Alberti (1685-1751), Italian composer and violinist
- Gasparo Alberti (1480-1560), Italian composer
- Durante Alberti (1538-1613), Italian painter
- Domenico Alberti (1710-1740), Italian composer and singer, eponym of the Alberti bass
- ... (Another 7 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ http://www.journaldesfemmes.com/nom-de-famille/nom/
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, February 2) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html