on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: English, German
Where did the German Tabor family come from? What is the German Tabor family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tabor family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tabor family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tabor, Tabbor, Tabore, Taber, Taberer, Tabors, Tabbors, Tebor, Tebbor, Tebore, Teber, Teberer, Tebors, Taebor, Taebbor, Taebore, Taeber, Taeberer and many more.
First found in Silesia, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tabor research. Another 199 words (14 lines of text) covering the year 1420 is included under the topic Early Tabor History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Tabor Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tabor Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Philip Tabor, who arrived in Watertown, Massachusetts in 1634
- Timothy Tabor and his wife Jane and three children all arrived in Massachusetts in 1635
- Timothy Tabor, aged 35, landed in New England in 1635
- John Tabor settled in Virginia in 1639
- John Tabor, who arrived in Virginia in 1639
Tabor Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Tabor, who arrived in Mississippi in 1827
- William Tabor came to Mississippi in 1827
- Joseph Tabor, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1829
- J. B. Tabor, settled in San Francisco in 1850
Tabor Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- John Tabor arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Andromache" in 1850
Tabor Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- George Tabor, aged 19, arrived in Lyttelton, New Zealand aboard the ship "Apelles" in 1874
- Willis Clinton Tabor, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Michigan State Senate 3rd District, 1951
- Waco Tabor, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Texas State House of Representatives 68th District, 1998
- Susan Tabor, American Republican politician, Member of Michigan State House of Representatives 71st District; Elected 1998
- Norman Tabor, American Republican politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Wayne County 9th District, 1958
- M. H. Tabor, American Republican politician, Member of West Virginia State House of Delegates from McDowell County; Elected 1928; Candidate in primary for West Virginia State Senate 6th District, 1934
- John Kaye Tabor (1921-1999), American Republican politician, Pennsylvania Secretary of internal affairs, 1967-68; Pennsylvania Secretary of Labor and Industry, 1968-69; Candidate for Mayor of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1969
- Horace Austin Warner Tabor (1830-1899), American Republican politician, Mayor of Leadville, Colorado, 1878-79; Lieutenant Governor of Colorado, 1879-83; U.S. Senator from Colorado, 1883
- Gideon Tabor, American politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Albany County, 1816-18
- Florence E. Tabor, American politician, Prohibition Candidate for New York State Assembly from Kings County 11th District, 1919
- G. M. Tabor, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Alabama, 1868
- A Tabor Saga by Clifford Clark Tabo.
- The Tabors By Myrtle F. Bartolini.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmacher's Grosses Wappenbuch 35 Volumes. Germany: Bauer & Raspe. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
The Tabor Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tabor Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2014 at 16:21.
on orders of $85 or more