100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: English, German
Where did the German Tabor family come from? What is the German Tabor family crest and coat of arms? When did the Tabor family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Tabor family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Tabor, Tabbor, Tabore, Taber, Taberer, Tabors, Tabbors, Tebor, Tebbor, Tebore, Teber, Teberer, Tebors, Taebor, Taebbor, Taebore, Taeber, Taeberer and many more.
First found in Silesia, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Tabor research. Another 199 words(14 lines of text) covering the year 1420 is included under the topic Early Tabor History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Tabor Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Tabor Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Philip Tabor, who arrived in Watertown, Massachusetts in 1634
- Timothy Tabor and his wife Jane and three children all arrived in Massachusetts in 1635
- Timothy Tabor, aged 35, landed in New England in 1635
- John Tabor settled in Virginia in 1639
- John Tabor, who arrived in Virginia in 1639
Tabor Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- William Tabor, who arrived in Mississippi in 1827
- William Tabor came to Mississippi in 1827
- Joseph Tabor, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1829
- J. B. Tabor, settled in San Francisco in 1850
Tabor Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- John Tabor arrived in Adelaide, Australia aboard the ship "Andromache" in 1850
Tabor Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- George Tabor, aged 19, arrived in Lyttelton, New Zealand aboard the ship "Apelles" in 1874
- Horace Austin Warner Tabor (1830-1899), American prospector and businessman also known as "Silver Dollar Tabor" and "The Bonanza King of Leadville"
- Britton Duncan Tabor (b. 1914), American bank director in Oklahoma
- James Reubin "Jim" Tabor (1916-1953), nicknamed "Rawhide", American Major League Baseball third baseman
- Joan Tabor (1932-1968), American actress
- Elizabeth McCourt Tabor (1854-1935), better known as Baby Doe, the second wife of pioneer businessman Horace Tabor, her story inspired the opera The Ballad of Baby Doe
- Philip Martin "Phil" Tabor (b. 1956), American former NFL football defensive lineman with the New York Giants
- Gregory Steven Tabor (b. 1961), American former right-handed Major League Baseball second baseman and pinch runner who played for the Texas Rangers in 1987
- David Tabor (1913-2005), British Professor of Physics, University of Cambridge, recipient of the Guthrie Medal of the Institute of Physics (1975)
- Major-General David John St Maur Tabor (b. 1922), British officer, recipient of the Military Cross in 1944
- Michael B. Tabor (b. 1941), English businessman and owner of Thoroughbred racehorses
- A Tabor Saga by Clifford Clark Tabo.
- The Tabors By Myrtle F. Bartolini.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bahlow, Hans. Abhandlungen zur Namenforschung und Buchgeschichte. 1980. Print. (ISBN 978-3768690522).
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
The Tabor Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Tabor Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 November 2014 at 16:21.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!