Seidman History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Seidman family
The surname Seidman was first found in Switzerland, where the name has been traced to Swiss origins before the family's emigration to Germany in 1315, gaining a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, most notably in Brandenburg and Silesia, consistently elevating their social status by their great contributions to society.
Important Dates for the Seidman family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Seidman research. Another 269 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1315, 1533, 1544, 1699, 1729, and 1821 are included under the topic Early Seidman History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Seidman Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Seidel, Seidell, Seidler, Seider, Seidl, Seiden, Seide, Seydl, Seydel, Seidelmann, Seidelman, Seidemann, Seideman, Seid, Seidt, Seidmann and many more.
Early Notables of the Seidman family (pre 1700)
Notables of the time with the surname Seidman were the descendent of Georg Christoph Seidl, Georg Christoph Gottlieb von Seidl, who was a Prussian privy councillor...
Another 26 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Seidman Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Seidman family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Johann Nicolaus Seidel, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1740. Nathaniel Seidel came in 1742; Johann Valentin Seidel in 1752; while August Seidel came to Texas with his wife Friedricke Heiden in 1846 and Gottlieb Seidell came to Philadelphia in 1848. Johann Jacob Seidemann came in 1736.
Contemporary Notables of the name Seidman (post 1700)
- Mike Seidman (b. 1981), U.S. football player
- Harold Seidman (1911-2002), U.S. political scientist
- Robert K. Seidman, American fighter pilot and flying ace in the U.S. Army Air Forces, during World War II, credited with 5 aerial victories
- Maxwell E. Seidman, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1948 
- Lon Seidman, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Connecticut, 2004 
- Lewis William Seidman (1921-2009), American Republican politician, Candidate for Michigan State Auditor General, 1962; Economic advisor to President Gerald Ford, 1974-76, and to Ronald Reagan, 1982-84 
- Larry Seidman, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1972 
- Joel Seidman, American politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 13th District, 1938 
- Herman T. Seidman, American Republican politician, Presidential Elector for New York, 1952, 1956 
- Carole Seidman, American politician, Socialist Workers Candidate for Presidential Elector for California, 1972 
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html