on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Saenz family come from? What is the Spanish Saenz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Saenz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Saenz family history?The prestigious surname Saenz originated in Spain. The earliest forms of hereditary surnames in Spain were the patronymic surnames, which are derived from the father's given name, and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the mother's given name. Spanish patronymic names emerged as early as the mid-9th century and the most common patronymic suffix is ez. The patronyms were derived from a variety of given names that were of many different origins. The name Saenz is derived from the extremely popular medieval given name Sancho. This given name was originally derived from the Latin name Sanctius, a derivative of "sanctus." The name owes its popularity to the fact that it was borne by a 9th century martyr of Cordova.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Sánchez, Sanchez, Sans, Sanx, Sanz, Sainz, Sáenz, Saenz, Saiz, Sáez, Saez, Sánguez, Sanguez, Sánchiz and many more.
First found in Castile, where the name originated in Visigothic times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Saenz research. Another 239 words(17 lines of text) covering the years 1019, 1370, 1550, and 1610 are included under the topic Early Saenz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 247 words(18 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Saenz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Saenz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Tomas Saenz, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1869
- Rafael Saenz, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1876
- Juan Saenz, who arrived in Peru in 1892
- Alberta J. Saenz, aged 32, who emigrated to the United States, in 1893
- Alex Saenz, aged 40, who settled in America, in 1895
Saenz Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Camilo Saenz, aged 22, who landed in America, in 1910
- Frank Saenz, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States, in 1912
- Enrique Saenz, aged 12, who settled in America, in 1912
- Eugenio Saenz, aged 45, who landed in America, in 1912
- Amandeo Saenz, aged 19, who emigrated to the United States from Havana, Cuba, in 1914
- Edwin Matthew Saenz (1923-1971), American football running back
- Christopher Andrew Sáenz (b. 1981), American Major League Baseball pitcher
- Benjamin Alire Sáenz (b. 1954), award-winning American poet, novelist and writer of children's books
- Gabino Sáenz (b. 1989), undefeated Mexican American professional boxer
- Manuel Melo Sáenz, civil engineer in Colombia
- Doña Manuela Sáenz (1797-1856), the mistress of the South American revolutionary leader Simón Bolívar
- Waldir Alejandro Sáenz (b. 1973), Peruvian football striker
- Olmedo Sáenz (b. 1970), former Major League Baseball player from Panama
- Jaime Sáenz (1921-1986), Bolivian poet, novelist, and short story writer
- Antonio Sáenz (1780-1825), Argentine statesman, educator and cleric
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
The Saenz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Saenz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 18 December 2014 at 02:13.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more