on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Musick family come from? What is the French Musick family crest and coat of arms? When did the Musick family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Musick family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Musy, Musie, Musies, Mussy, Mussie, Mussies, Mussey, Mousy, Mousie, Musset, Musy, Musse, de la Musse, LaMusse, DeMusse, Mussi, Musi, Mousies, Moussy, Moussie, Moussies, Mucy, Mucey, Mucie, Mucies, Moucie, Moucies, Moucey, de Musy and many more.
First found in Brittany, where they have held a family seat since ancient times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Musick research. Another 185 words(13 lines of text) covering the years 1436, 1660, 1804, 1810, 1857, and 1880 are included under the topic Early Musick History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 25 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Musick Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Musick Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- John Musick, aged 19, arrived in St Christopher in 1635
- Geo Musick, who landed in Virginia in 1657
Musick Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Rafaelo Musick, aged 67, who arrived in America, in 1893
Musick Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andrea Musick, aged 31, who arrived in America from Belles, in 1903
- Charles E. Musick, aged 22, who arrived in America, in 1910
- Domenico Musick, aged 20, who arrived in America from Orlez, Austria, in 1910
- Grizony Musick, aged 18, who arrived in America from Czuplinhy, Russia, in 1910
- Walenti Musick, aged 41, who arrived in America from Sielee, Galicia, in 1913
- James Andrew Musick (1910-1992), American NFL football running back for the Boston Redskins from 1932 through 1936
- Pat Musick, American voice actress, known for An American Tail (1986), Duckman: Private Dick/Family Man (1994) and Extreme Ghostbusters (1997)
- Edwin Charles Musick (1894-1938), American Chief Pilot for Pan American World Airways who pioneered many of Pan Am's transoceanic routes
- Archie Leroy Musick (1902-1978), American Regionalist painter
- Ruth Ann Musick (1897-1974), American author and folklorist, sister of Archie Musick
- John Roy Musick (1849-1901), American historical author and poet, best known for his Columbian Historical Novels
- John Elmore "Jack" Musick (1925-1977), American football player and head football coach at Cornell University from 1966 to 1974
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
The Musick Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Musick Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 November 2014 at 15:36.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more