100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Danish, English, German, Norwegian, Russian
Where did the Danish Hansen family come from? What is the Danish Hansen family crest and coat of arms? When did the Hansen family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Hansen family history?
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Hansen Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Hans Hansen, who landed in New Jersey in 1640
- Thomas Hansen, who landed in Virginia in 1656
- Symon Hansen, who arrived in New Netherland(s) in 1663
- Hartwig Hansen, who landed in New Netherland(s) in 1663
- Hendrick Hansen, who landed in New York, NY in 1663
Hansen Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Isabella Hansen, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1773
- Elias Hansen, who arrived in Charles Town [Charleston], South Carolina sometime between 1775 and 1779
Hansen Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Niels Christian Holger E Hansen, who landed in New York in 1835
- Even Hansen, aged 50, arrived in New York, NY in 1840
- Hans Jacob Hansen, aged 26, landed in New York, NY in 1843
- Fritz Hein Hansen, who came to Texas in 1845
- Heinrich Hansen, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850
Hansen Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- John J Hansen, who arrived in Alaska in 1903
- Joppe Hansen, who arrived in Arkansas in 1904
- Otto Hansen, who landed in Alabama in 1913
- Sigurd Hansen, who landed in Alabama in 1917
- Charles Hansen, who landed in Alabama in 1918
Hansen Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Lt. Richard Hansen U.E. who settled in Home District [York County], Ontario c. 1784
Hansen Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Jacob Hansen, who settled in Quebec in 1875
Hansen Settlers in Australia in the 19th Century
- J.C. Hansen, aged 34, a tutor, arrived in South Australia in 1848 aboard the ship "Alfred"
- Catherine Hansen, aged 23, a servant, arrived in South Australia in 1850 aboard the ship "Agincourt"
Hansen Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Richard Davis Hansen landed in Wellington, New Zealand in 1840 aboard the ship Cuba
- Hans J. Hansen arrived in Auckland, New Zealand aboard the ship "Ballarat" in 1867
- Anders Hansen, aged 31, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Ane A. Hansen, aged 29, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Ane K. Hansen, aged 8, arrived in Wellington, New Zealand aboard the ship "Halcione" in 1870
- Norman B. Hansen (1924-2014), American politician, Saugus, Massachusetts Town Manager (1987-1992)
- George Vernon Hansen (1930-2014), American Republican politician, Member of the U.S. House of Representatives from Idaho (1975-1985)
- Bernhuff Hansen, American Olympic gold medalist for wrestling at the 1904 Summer Games
- Mrs. Jennie Louise Hansen, (née Howard), aged 45, American Third Class passenger from Racine, Wisconsin who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and survived in the sinking in life boat 11
- Mr. Claus Peter Hansen (d. 1912), aged 41, American Third Class passenger from Racine, Wisconsin who sailed aboard the RMS Titanic and died in the sinking
- Lars Peter Hansen (b. 1952), American David Rockefeller Distinguished Service Professor of economics at the University of Chicago, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences (2013)
- Peter Hansen (b. 1921), American actor
- George V. Hansen (b. 1930), American politician from Idaho
- Alvin Harvey Hansen (1887-1975), American economist
- Brigadier-General Victor Russell Hansen (1904-1980), American Adjutant-General of California (1944-1946)
- Ancestors and Kin by Robert Walden Coggeshall.
- The Genealogy of Dale Winslow Hansen by Dale W. Hansen.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Hanks, Hodges, Mills and Room. The Oxford Names Companion. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-19-860561-7).
- Reaney P.H and R.M. Wilson. A Dictionary of English Surnames. London: Routledge, 1991. Print. (ISBN 0-415-05737-X).
- Papworth, J.W and A.W Morant. Ordinary of British Armorials. London: T.Richards, 1874. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Humble, Richard. The Fall of Saxon England. New York: Barnes and Noble, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-88029-987-8).
- Burke, John Bernard Ed. The Roll of Battle Abbey. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Lennard, Reginald. Rural England 1086-1135 A Study of Social and Agrarian Conditions. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1959. Print.
- Bullock, L.G. Historical Map of England and Wales. Edinburgh: Bartholomew and Son, 1971. Print.
- Shaw, William A. Knights of England A Complete Record from the Earliest Time to the Present Day of the Knights of all the Orders of Chivalry in England, Scotland, Ireland and Knights Bachelors 2 Volumes. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print. (ISBN 080630443X).
The Hansen Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Hansen Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 9 April 2015 at 09:16.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!