Gavi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Gavi family
The surname Gavi was first found in Genoa (Italian: Genova), a port on the Gulf of Genoa, capital of the province of Genoa. 4th century B.C it was occupied by the Greeks, destroyed by the Carthaginians in 209 B.C and restored by Rome who made it their headquarters. They survived the Lombard and Carolingan intrusions. Were well known for their naval prowess. Shipbuilding flourished in this natural sea port. Much migration took place to South America pre WWII. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the Gavi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Gavi research. Another 120 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1222, 1265, 1348, 1448, and 1626 are included under the topic Early Gavi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gavi Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Gavi, Gavirati, Gavotti, Gavilgliani and others.
Early Notables of the Gavi family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Gavi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Gavi migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Gavi Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Gavi Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Salvatore Gavi, aged 8, who landed in America from S.Stefaus, in 1899
Gavi Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonio Gavi, aged 42, who landed in America from Torino, in 1902
- Giuseppe Gavi, aged 16, who immigrated to America from Torino, in 1902
- Maurirus Gavi, aged 32, who landed in America, in 1919
- Maurizio Gavi, aged 32, who immigrated to the United States, in 1919
Contemporary Notables of the name Gavi (post 1700)
- Gaba Gavi, American producer, known for his work on The Au Pair (2017), Black Dossier (2016) and A Tale of Two Coreys (2018)
- Jude Gavi, American actor, known for his work on Chase (2010), Struggles (2017) and Acceptance (2009)
- Matteo Gavi, Italian actor, known for The Teacher (2005) and La Cena (2007)
- Shai Gavi, Physician known for his collaboration on "Adverse Events Due to Discontinuations in Drug Use and Dose Changes in Patients Transferred Between Acute and Long-term Care Facilities"
You May Also Like